Friday, June 11, 2010

Strawberry Freezer Jam


Every year about this time, when strawberries are in season and on sale, I like to make no cook strawberry freezer jam. It is so simple to make and my kids love it! I like to use this brand of fruit pectin because it only uses 1 1/2 cups of sugar.

Mix sugar and pectin together until well blended.

Stir the sugar & pectin mixture into 4 lbs. of crushed strawberries for 3 minutes. (The directions are on the package).

Fill jars and that's it! I would of had more jam, but my little helper kept eating the strawberries! You can use tupperware type containers, as well. Keep them in the freezer until ready to eat. I'm already making a second batch! It's fun to have strawberry jam from the freezer in the middle of winter, if it will last that long!

Jaclyn, my official taste tester gives it her seal of approval!

1 comment:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I've never made this. I didn't realize how easy it was. I love strawberry jam though. We have strawberries growing in our garden, but not enough to make jam.
Blessings,
Marcia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...