Friday, June 25, 2010

Summertime Blessings!


Since this is the first official week of summer, I thought I would do a post about all of the fun summertime activities. I want to be sure that we (our family) enjoy those activities that are just unique to summer. In other words, make some memories! I made a list of some of the things we would like to do. I don't know if we will be able to do everything on the list, but I will be making a special effort to plan some of these things that we can do together!

Beach day
BBQ's
swimming
boating
watching fireworks
summer camp
picnics
baseball games
outdoor concerts
visiting an amusement park and visiting a national park!

Some simple things such as watching meteor showers late at night, reading a good book, gardening and growing summer vegetables, eating meals outside on the patio, wearing flip flops and just relaxing!

Eating summer foods like corn on the cob, strawberry rhubarb pie, homemade ice cream, hot dogs, watermelon and making smores!

These activities just make me think of summer!

Special times with our families don't just happen, they have to be planned on purpose! We need to make the time to enjoy life's simple pleasures! I hope everyone has a great summer and will be making lots of lasting memories!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...