Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sunday Evening at the Lake

Watching my children growing up is bitter sweet. I really miss those times when they were little. Especially when they were all at home and not out driving on the California freeways! But, at the same time it is a blessing to see them growing into young men and women. They're making their own decisions, developing their talents and choosing the path God has for them. I am thankful they are all seeking God for His leading and direction for their lives.

Jimmy, my 11 year old and still my baby, had decided before summer that he wanted to be baptized. So when our church had a baptism service this past Sunday at the lake ... we went!

Jimmy wanted his Sunday School teacher to baptize him.


What a blessing it was to watch Jimmy walk out there, pray and be baptized!



Well, at least I still have another little one!

2 comments:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Congratulations to your son on making this wonderful decision. I saw this baptism on another blog, Heather at Half Dozen Blessings. Her son was baptized too. We were at the lake about a week ago. The kids all had a great time. My brother and sil live over there.
I hope you're having a nice summer.
Blessings,
Marcia

heather said...

Hi Janet! How wonderful to meet you on here! My sons and your son Jimmy were talking at the lake after they got baptized! What a small world! I love how God brings people together! I hope to see you at church as well! And I love your blog! You'll have to give me some tips, its beautifully put together! Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...