Monday, July 26, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent


I have been making my own laundry detergent for over six months now! I had read about it on other blogs and thought I would give it a try - and I LOVE IT!!! It is so easy to make and lasts a long time! I had to make some more today, as I finally ran out since I made it last March! I do a lot of laundry (for 7 people), too! I definitely won't go back to buying store bought detergent. I know many laundry detergents that you buy are full of fillers and chemicals, which are not good for your clothes or washing machine. It is also a lot cheaper and works amazingly well! It is also biodegradable and smells great! It just takes three ingredients.
Basic recipe:
1/2 bar soap (zote or fels naptha), grated
2 cups arm & hammer washing soda
2 cups borax
The great thing about it is you only need 2 tablespoons per load! It is also low sudsing.

The recipe I used today:
2 bars pink zote, grated. I found it at the 99c store.
4 lbs. borax
4 lbs. arm & hammer washing soda
1 lb. baking soda
2 tablespoons per load. For a mini load, 1 tablespoon.

The pink zote soap looks so pretty!

Just stir everything together!

It looks so cute in my laundry room, too!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...