Monday, August 30, 2010

My New Cottage Kitchen!


I am so delighted the way my kitchen looks now!!! I just wanted to do another post now that we have all the glass knobs and drawer pulls finally up!!! My sweet and talented husband installed all the drawer pulls and knobs for me! I found the glass knobs on ebay and the drawer pulls at Lowes. Since the drawer pulls were being discontinued, they only cost 96 cents apiece!
I can't believe how much paint can change the way a room looks! I feel like I have a brand new custom kitchen!!!


I think my kitchen looks so cheerful and bright now! It's such a nice way to start out the morning with a cup of coffee! Can you smell the bacon?


The tract home look. As you can see there's a huge difference!


I added some new battenburg curtains. The bread box is where I keep the phone, answering machine, cell phone, etc.
I like to keep all of that stuff hidden.


I have a happy kitchen now!


Another before photo. A sad kitchen!


I really like displaying teacups this way. It's important to be sure to use tea cup hooks with safety latches. That way if one gets bumped, it won't fall off and break. (A lesson I learned the hard way)!
I'll be linking to White Wednesday and Transformation Thursday (on the sidebar).

12 comments:

jAne said...

your new kitchen is so welcoming! love the white (my favorite color) and love the overall look and feel to your 'new' space. i have a feeling there will be many hours of enjoyment in that room.

jAne

Debbie~ said...

Your kitchen is adorable, I see you love cherries too! I haven't done my kitchen yet, it's BRIGHT yellow with cherries & red vintage items cute, but the cupboards are still not beautiful white yet! Yours is a beautiful inspiration for me! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Julie said...

Wow....I love the transformation. I too have a yellow kitchen and painted my dark cabinets white...years ago. I have loved being in it ever since! Love the pops of Red...one of my favorites. :-) Thanks for sharing. I know you are loving it.

Rebecca said...

Your kitchen looks so cute and cottagy(?). Just want to sit down and visit for a while. Happy WW

TheSmithHotel said...

Wow! I love your new white kitchen! It looks so cheerful!

Jody

A Cottage Muse said...

Your kitchen looks so pretty! Just have to say ~ I married Jim and my daughter is Jaclyn! Nice to "meet" you!

mariondee-designs said...

Love the transformation.. so pretty and fresh.. and yes I CAN smell the bacon!! lol! It's amazing what some white paint can do.. just love it..take care, maryann

Ashley said...

I love your kitchen, its so pretty! I love all the red accents, it makes it so warm and inviting! I'm a new follower from Transformation Thursday.

Michelle said...

Very cute and cozy! Great job! :o)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love the way it turned out. It's so pretty. It's funny, when I saw those tea cups I thought about my twins, and saw them falling and breaking and then you mentioned the latches, what a great idea!
Blessings,
Marcia

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Great Transformation......VERY,very, pretty..... White makes everything look so wonderful.

Enjoy your Day*

Cate said...

You did a great job. How are the ebay glass handles holding up? I'm looking to buy some myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...