Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three Year "Gotcha Day"!

Three years ago today our lives changed forever. After spending two days with our adoption group touring Beijing, we woke up at 4:30 AM to catch an early flight to Guizhou. Guizhou is located in southwest China and is one of the most beautiful provinces in all of China, but also the poorest. After we got to our hotel, we learned that all of the little girls in our group would be coming in just a few short hours!


Jaime, Jim, me and Josh are anxiously waiting for her to arrive!


We learned that the foster mom was the one who brought her to us. She had loved and taken care of her for the past year and it was very hard for her to let Jaclyn go.


My first time holding her.


She cried a lot at first, but really settled down when Jim held her. She was very quiet for the rest of the night. I'm sure she was afraid and wondered who all these strange people were.


Our first meal with Jaclyn was pizza at the hotel restaurant.


After dinner, I gave her a bath and she ate some cheerios. I still can't believe how precious she is!


It's hard to believe that three years have passed since Jaclyn joined our family. So this evening we had pizza and watched her adoption video and celebrated the day we became a forever family! We are truly blessed!!!

2 comments:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love these photos! I have a blogging friend that just came back from China last month with their son. You should stop by and say hi to her. I know she'd be encouraged in hearing from you. Her blog is Country Girl at Home. She's a sweetie.
Blessings,
Marcia

Angela said...

I'm sitting here waiting for my coffee to finish off and been going through your posts...this one just had me stop...read it twice and got all teary eyed....this was beautiful!~ Well coffee if ready and I'm going to spend some time sitting in my prayer corner..will say a blessing and a prayer for your beautiful family!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...