Friday, September 17, 2010

Cheese Cake with a View!


My oldest son Josh is a chef.  This past week he worked as the chef for a private train trip along the coast of California. He even used his mom's cheese cake recipe - which was a big hit!!!

He drizzled it with a raspberry sauce....and added the mint for presentation.
So I thought I would share my cheese cake recipe. It's one I've made for years and it is so easy to make and so delicious!


Cheese Cake

1  1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 - 8oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix above ingredients together and fold in: 1 pint sour cream
Add to graham cracker crust.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
*Turn off oven and keep in oven for 1  1/2 hours.

The beautiful pullman cars... such a nice way to travel!
Josh said that this was the smallest kitchen he has ever worked in... but at least it had a great view!

2 comments:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

There were trains going by the place we stayed at the beach this past week. I often wondered who was on those trains. Maybe one of them had you son on it!
I love cheesecake too. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Blessings,
Marcia

jAne said...

What a great opportunity for your son! Thank you for sharing your cheesecake recipe - I'll be making it this week. :o) The pullman cars are lovely.

jAne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...