Tuesday, September 7, 2010

White China Cabinet

I found this china cabinet at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I thought it would look really cute after it was painted ...white, of course!!!

It was in pretty good shape overall, but the wood had some stains on it. The first thing I did was to clean it ...then prime it ... and then I gave it several coats of flat white latex paint.

I changed the old knobs to vintage glass knobs... then added lace trim to the edges. My husband secured it to the wall because it seemed a little top heavy. Since we live in California ...that's always a good idea!

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! 

I'll be linking to White Wednesday and

7 comments:

mercedes said...

Janet - this is my first visit to your blog... and love your posts and photos! This cupboard re-do turned out beautifully! :} mercedes

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

It turned out wonderful! You should link it to White Wednesday over at Faded Charm. It's perfect for that. Just go over and link up (it's easy) and then add the link at the end of your post.
Blessings,
Marcia

Rebecca said...

YOur cabinet looks so different-it looks wonderful!

Sue said...

It looks so pretty; what a lovely change!

Sue
xo

Olivia~ said...

Oh my, I just adore your sweet cabinet! Your blog is just darling! Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance!
Hugs,
Olivia

Liz said...

It really turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

A Little Bit of Everything! said...

It turned out very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...