Monday, October 11, 2010

An Autumn Evening


Yesterday we had some friends over for dinner. Actually, Susan and Buzz are more like family because we have known them for over 30 years! We always have a great time whenever we get together!

Our two French chefs presenting the evening menu!

Inspired by some creative blogs ... I made this burlap table runner.  I think it is perfect for an autumn table setting.

I tried a new recipe that was recommended to me by my mom.  It's called  Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups. It was so yummy and so easy to make! I like serving food that not only is delicious, but also easy to fix and has great presentation.  I also made Candied Walnut Gorgonzola Salad. It was scrumptious and so easy to make as well. Did I mention I like to make things that are easy?


I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately because I think I've gotten into sort of a rut with menu planning. I admit I have been getting tried of my own cooking, but have found some new and healthy recipes that are also delicious at such sites as allrecipes.com. My son, the chef even has it as an app on his phone.

4 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

What a lovely table ~ your dinner looks divine and I love those wee french chefs!

Roselle said...

Very pretty table! I like Allrecipes.com too. I like that I can plug in a few ingredients and voila, a list of recipes comes up to choose to make.
Roselle

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Your table looks wonderful, and I love the sweet French chefs. I get tired of my own cooking too. Also, it's still so hot, I haven't wanted to have the oven on much. I love both asparagus and chicken though, so this recipe sounds delicious.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Marcia

The Painted Garden said...

Hi,

So nice to meet you and visit your beautiful blog - your talbe setting is lovely and the food looks yummy.
Thank you for following my blog.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,

Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...