Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Introducing .... Viola Bernice!

I found this vintage wire dress form at a yard sale several years ago. 
I just adore it and felt very fortunate to have found it because 
it was only $12.00! It has been on display in our stairwell ever since.  
Since my grandmother was a seamstress, it seemed appropriate to 
name the mannequin, Viola Bernice after her. She was also a milliner 
and made this cute little hat out of pheasant feathers! 
She's also wearing a flower corsage made from pattern paper.
I have changed Viola's look several times over. Usually she's wearing 
clothes, but I'm kind of liking this look right now.
  I sort of have a French travel theme going on. I have always dreamed 
of visiting Paris someday....  however, my two oldest children 
Josh and Jaime will be in Paris this weekend!!! Josh flew to Spain 
on Sunday to visit Jaime and then they will fly together
 to Paris! I hope they bring me something French!
Some more vintage finds.
My Grandmother Viola Bernice and Grandfather Otto. 
I'm linking to Vintage Inspiration Friday and

11 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Janet ~ Viola Bernice is lovely, even if she isn't wearing any clothes at the moment. Ohlala, she mixes in so well with your 'french' inspired travel vignette! And I especially love the addition of the photos of your grandparents! I hope your children have a fabulous & fun time in Paris!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Viola Bernice and the whole vignette look so pretty! My grandmother was a seamstress too. I wish I had more of her creations :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Shabbygalsnest said...

Hello Janet, Very cute ! I'm just starting to like parisian style. Just discovered your blog will be back for visits! Traci

Tammy said...

Really love the vintage dress form. The whole vignette is adorable! Why is it our kids always get to do what we wanted to do? Happy travels to your sons!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

I love dress forms. I had one in my flower shop years ago that I covered in moss. Each season I would change the hat and adornments according to the season. I must get mine out of storage and start using it again. Thanks for sharing. ~~Sherry~~

SALTBOX TREASURES said...

Hi. A very pretty wire dress form and vignette. Thanks for sharing.
~ Julie

Debra@Common Ground said...

Viola, is a lovely gal!! Love your Paris travel theme. How wonderful that your kids are heading to Paris. Hope you get some wonderful presents from their trip!!
hugs,
Debra

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi There Janet~
I love Viola Bernice! I used to have a dressmakers mannequin just like that one!! Yours is so sweet - I love the vignette you created and the story about your grandmother. So neat to have some of those treasures! Yay for your kids in Paris!! Hope they bring you something fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Brenda Kula said...

Oh, I love it! I would think I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd found this dress form. I'm on the hunt for one.
Brenda

LDH said...

Hi Janet! Your home is filled with lovely vintage items arranged in such a beautiful way. I have perused several of your posts and enjoyed each one. I smiled when I saw the names Josh and Jamie as that is the name of my daughter and her husband.

Your daughter is studying in Spain and we are heading to the airport tomorrow to pick up a 27 year old girl from Spain who will be staying with us for the next 10 months. She is an industrial engineer and will be interning at a nearby company.

Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your comment. Nice to meet you!

Kindly, ldh

Carolyn said...

I love your vintage dress form too!
Hope you kids get you something French you adore.
Take care,
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...