Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Peppermint Bark

A favorite candy recipe around our home, besides Fudge is Peppermint Bark.
I've been making this recipe for many Christmases now and it's so quick and easy
to make! It's delicious, but doesn't last long around here! It also makes a nice
little gift for friends and neighbors!


Christmas Peppermint Bark

1 cup candy canes, crushed (about 11-12 oz.)
2 lbs. white chocolate chips
3/4 tsp. Peppermint  extract (opt.)


Put candy canes in a plastic bag and break into small pieces. 
(Set aside 1/4 cup). 
Melt the white chocolate chips in microwave until smooth.
Stir candy cane pieces together with melted white chocolate chips and 3/4 tsp. peppermint extract. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with wax paper or parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup candy cane pieces on top (press them on a little so they won't fall off) and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm.  Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces.



I think it looks so pretty and Christmasy!






*Recipe adapted from Paula Deen.

4 comments:

LDH said...

I have seen peppermint bark for many years and never have made it. I think I would like to make it this year after seeing your sweet post.

I stopped by my 7 year old granddaughters the other night and she took me to her bedroom to see her very special pink Christmas tree. It isn't a big as yours but it is just perfect in her tiny room. She is delighted with it!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

We make it every year too Janet, and share it with our neighbors. It's so easy and it always turns out delicious! Your photos are beautiful...my mouth is watering :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I'm copying and saving this recipe to my candy file. I'll be making candy and this sounds easy enough. The first photo is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

That looks delicious.
I am going to add your recipe to my Christmas collection!

Thank you-
Enjoyed visiting,

Laura
White Spray Paint

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...