Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Christmas Village

I just wanted to share our Christmas Village.
It has been so much fun collecting these little houses!
This year I decided to put our Christmas village down the middle of our
 dining room table.  I placed all the buildings back to back and ran the cords behind
them and under the snow. The cords all go down through the opening where
the leaf goes and come out under the table and plug into a power strip. I just
didn't close the table together quite all the way. Since my table is pretty wide, there's
still plenty of room for setting the table and having dinner!
I think it looks so charming and Christmasy!
I just love the little choir in front of the church!



I especially like the ice skating rink! It was a Christmas present several years ago!
A day time view.
I think it looks so pretty at night with just the lights from the village glowing.
It will make a nice center piece for our Christmas dinner! 

~*~*~*~*~*~

We are so happy to finally have our oldest daughter Jaime back home! She has been in 
Spain for the past semester (four long months) attending school! It is such a 
delight to have her back home!  It is also a joy to listen to her playing the piano 
in our home once again! We missed her so much!
She flew home Tuesday afternoon! 
Although her luggage didn't make the connecting flight, we are so glad she did!

Jaclyn visiting Santa!  

Even though Jaclyn knows all about Santa and that the reason for 
the season is Jesus birthday, she still likes to visit him. She told Santa 
she wants a back pack for Christmas!

I'm linking to Show and Tell Friday, and
Feathered Nest Friday Holiday

11 comments:

mo said...

Your village is a winter wonderland! I love how the lights are on inside each building. I am your newest follower. *hugs*

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Your dining room table IS a great place to display your lovely village. It looks so beatiful, all lite up! I am so happy to hear your daughter has arrived home safely! Enjoy the Season! Blessings!

Victoria said...

I love your village!!! I just started my collection this year, I have it under the tree but I'm really excited to add to it:) Yours looks lovely on the table!

kristin said...

oh i love it! I have two houses so far, both goodwill finds.. I cant wait to get more and have a lovely village like yours! :)
I am your newest follower!

Marlee said...

What a charming village! It looks great on your table. Merry Christmas! ~Marlee

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Janet, Loving your Christmas Village- looks so charming and lovely! Happy you have your daughter back home and the santa picture is adorable! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday- Happy Holidays!

Morning Glory Cottage said...

I love your little village all lite up how pretty. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I'll be back to check out the rest of your blog. Have a Merry Christmas.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love those villages. I've never collected them, but every time I see them, I wish I had.
So glad your daughter got home safely. I'll bet your home is so full of love right now!
Have a wonderful Christmas:-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Susan said...

What a lovely village, Janet! My Aunt has a similar display and it's always been magical. Your family must love it. Enjoy your Christmas with your family, and thanks for visiting my blog.
- Susan

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...