Thursday, December 2, 2010

Decorating for Christmas with Yard Sale Finds!

Vintage Christmas Angel
This Christmas Angel which stands two feet tall was a yard sale find! 
I couldn't believe it when I found her! I just adore her,
 even with the scratches on her face.
The china cabinet that I found earlier this year at a yard sale is all 
dressed up for Christmas! I added some red polka dot scrap booking paper
 to the inside of the cabinet. The little wreath is another find!  
The banner (I made) was inspired by a blog, but I do not 
remember whose it was? Please forgive me. If you know, please 
tell me who it is! I definitely find so much inspiration from blogging!
The green salt and pepper shakers were $2.00 at a yard sale!
The Christmas dishes are yet another yard sale find! Seven dinner plates 
and seven salad plates ... $7.00! 
A Christmas Cup of Kindness! 
The tray was actually from an antique mall,
 but the ornaments are from yard sales! Finding cute little things at yard 
sales is always so much fun, but it is even more delightful to decorate 
my home at Christmastime with all of the treasures I've collected throughout the year!
I am linking up to: Feathered Nest Friday,

7 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Janet ... What a great way to decorate, with yard sale finds! I absolutely LOVE your sweet angel ... she is BEAUTIFUL! What a treasure! Your china cabinet looks amazing all dressed for the holidays. I LOVE your green toile wallpaper!

Violet said...

What beauty! I love your vintagey decor, and also enjoy finding treasures at thrift stores and flea markets. Celebrating Joy to the World!!! Found you from another blog as I was hopping about this morning!
~ Violet

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Garage sales are so much fun, and looks like you found some great treasures... My favorite is the Angel, she is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings~~ Daphne

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Janet~ I just love your china cabinet with the beautiful paper and banner! So sweet and the the dishes are just perfect! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Debra@Common Ground said...

Janet, this is a great post and I love your style, you decorate so much like I do! Even down to the wonderful green toile wallpaper! Your angel is so lovely, and I'm with you on garage sale fantastic finds. LOVE your Christmas tablesetting, thanks so much for linking up with VIF!!
xo,
Debra

Roselle said...

I love thrifting and garage sales! You have a treasure trove of Christmas goodies. Love the cabinet you found and the vintage papaer you lined it with! Happy Holidays!
Roselle

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I want to go yard sale shopping with you Janet, you find the best items!
Blessings,
Marcia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...