Monday, December 6, 2010

A Glittery Pink Christmas!

I wanted to share a glimpse of my little pink Christmas tree in 
our bedroom.  I just love having a Christmas tree in the bedroom!
I especially like the way it lights up the room ... it looks so pretty!
I made the glitter houses several years ago. They are from little cardboard 
houses I bought at Michael's. I just painted them with craft paint. 
Then, I covered them with a thin layer of white glue and sprinkled with glitter! 
I think the bottle brush trees are so cute!
A few years ago, I started collecting glitter houses from Joann's and 
Target, but I haven't seen any at Target this year. These are a 
little bigger in scale.  I would sure love to find some vintage 
glitter houses or putz glitter houses, as they are called! 
I have been seeing some absolutely adorable putz style houses on etsy!
Also, I have found patterns to make them on various websites, 
but I don't think I am that ambitious or patient to try making them.
Some glitter houses even light up!
I have them displayed on my mantle.

Each year I try to add a few more to my collection.

Hopefully, I will find some more to add to my collection this year!

10 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Your pink tree is adorable! This makes me wish I had put up a tree in my bedroom this year. I love to turn the lights on at night and lay in the bed gazing at it. Your collection of glittered houses is awesome!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love those little Christmas houses you made! I didn't know Joann's had them. I'll have to get over there.
Blessings,
Marcia

charmine. said...

Why,these glitter houses are so pretty!Love you idea of a Christmas tree in the bedroom,BEAUTIFUL!

Roselle said...

Hello! Your tree is divine! So pinkalicious!

Do you have a TJMaxx/Home Goods near you? I have found a bunch of beauteous cardboard houses from there. Also, I think Marshalls (but I haven't shopped there). I know Hobby Lobby sells them unfinished, unfortunately I don't have any near me :(

I collect the glitter houses too. Can't stop myself from buying them when I find them (they are so scarce!)

Roselle

Kim said...

Your pink tree is the sweetest. I love your glitter houses, too. It must me a lovely nightlight in the bedroom.

LDH said...

Your glittery pink tree and tiny houses are so pretty! How lovely the photos and vignettes are that you created! :)

Susan said...

I love your pink tree!! Last year I had a small white tree decorated with pink ornaments in our hallway!!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love your pink tree~ it is so sweet!! The little houses and tiny trees look just darling there too! Thank you for sharing at my party this week!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your pink tree is adorable. I bet your little girls love it!

Somsel said...

This is a year later but they have a ton at Marshall's and Home Goods this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...