Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Vintage Hats

I feel fortunate to have so many of my grandmother's hats. Most of the hats were
handmade by her! I especially remember when I was a little girl, she would 
always wear one to church. 
I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to display them .... I'm thinking I kind of 
like this way. Since I'm still in the process of redecorating our bedroom, I am constantly changing things around. I have many vintage items that belonged to my grandmother which I am using, besides yard sale finds. Our bedroom furniture actually belonged to my great-great grandparents! 

The vintage white lamp with the roses, I found at a yard sale for $2.00! I purchased the lamp shade at Ross, but then added the fringe. 
The pink depression glass cake stand was my grandmother's, as well. I really like using it to display vintage perfume bottles. 
What do you think?
A vintage hat that I just adore!  

I still need to sew the curtains (or window treatments), sew some pillows and also have a few other things to complete.... so, to be continued! But, it is all so much fun and I'm excited about the way it is all turning out!

 Here are some other photos of the bedroom from a previous post. 

     
                         
                                 I'm linking to Vintage Inspiration Friday 
                                                               Feathered Nest Friday 
                                                               Show and Tell Friday




17 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Janet ~ I absolutely ADORE your Grandmother's hat collection! My Nanny used to wear many hats too but they've all disappeared over the years. The few things I do have of hers, I will treasure always. I can't beleive you are using great-great grandparents' bedroom furniture! It's beuatiful and yes, I love how you've displayed your hats!

Roselle said...

Hello Janet: Your Grandmother's hats displayed like that are adorable. They are so pretty. I can't believe she made them! LOVE the pink depression glass cake stand. Great way to use it too! It's all so pretty.
Roselle

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

These are beautiful Janet! And to know that many were made by your grandmother makes them even more special. They look very pretty displayed on your wall over your beautiful antique mirror and dresser. I love the hat stand too.
Blessings,
Marcia
P.S. I'm having a CSN giveaway at my blog, in case you want to enter. I still want to get together for lunch sometime soon.

Lori Lynn said...

I ADORE vintage hats and those look beautiful on the wall!!
*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *

PS: I'm having a 400th post giveaway!!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Janet... I popped over from the party at Debra's... how beautiful your vintage hats are and I love that they belonged to your grandmother!... what precious memories they must hold for you... xoxo Julie Marie

Jacqueline, Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a pretty room! i love the way you have your gorgeous hats displayed. So sweet that they were your Grams!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

How fun to have all these wonderful memories of your Grandma..and I love the way you displayed them all...your lamp and shade are darling girl...thanks for sharing...Hugs and smiles Gloria

Susan said...

Your vintage hat collection is awesome!! I love hats and have a small vintage collection myself.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Janet, your vintage hat collection is so beautiful... and it makes it extra special that they belonged to your grandmother! I love the way that you have them displayed!!!
Blessings~~~ Daphne

Terry said...

Love your hats.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Hi Janet, I really love your Grandma's vintage hats! all so beautiful and precious treasures!

julie miller said...

Your hats are lovely and you have displayed them perfectly!! I especially love the first one and so special that these are your grandmother's! Smiles, Julie

Michelle said...

Hi Janet; I love that hat collection of your grandmothers. How neat that you remember her wearing them! I found you through Feathered Nest Friday, maybe through another blog that linked there! Either way - I like your blog and decided to follow you. Stop by and see me at my blog sometime and maybe you'll follow me too :)

Michelle
www.newengland-style.com

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Janet, I love how you've displayed these wonderful mementos of your sweet grandmother. And to think that she made these is even better. Thanks for joining in for VIF!
xo,
Debra

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

This is such a great way to display those darling and sentimental hats! They looks so beautiful above that mirror ~ such works of art! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

...............Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

I love the way you have arranged your grandmother's treasures with you own! Your idea to use the cake plate to arrange the perfume bottles is fabulous! Love your vintage collection.

Kathy said...

Very, very sweet! Just love them - wish we wore hats like they did from the 30's to the 50's! So stylish!
Hope you have a blessed day,
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...