Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cupcakes and Tea Parties!

I've been wanting to share a fun project that I made for my daughter Jaclyn's room. Awhile ago I found this table and chairs at a yard sale for $15.00.... only it was painted blue and green! I thought it would be perfect to use in her room for tea parties, drawing and other activities. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to re-do it, but decided to paint the table and chairs white to go with her pink room and white furniture. It still needed something else, so when I found the cupcake fabric.... I thought how cute it would be to use that!
 I just photo copied the cupcake fabric and cut out the cupcakes and decoupaged them to the table. With the rest of the cupcake fabric, I made the chair cushions and added the tulle ruffles!
I really like how it turned out and it's just perfect for Jaclyn's tea parties!
I think she likes it, too!



I'm linking to Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design!



Blessings,


8 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

How cute!!! Jaclyn looks like she's having such fun!!!
Sherry

Gina said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the cupcakes & your daughter looks as if she loves it as well.

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Dear Janet ~ You've created the most fabulous spot for Jaclyn to enjoy her parties with her friend Mr. Bear or whomever else she wants to invite for tea! That smiling face is delightful, she's precious!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Jaclyn is adorable sitting there at her table. You did a wonderful job...a little girl's dream!!
Blessings,
Marcia

Judy said...

This is really so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing it at the Winter Blues Wednesday party. Hope to see you again next week.

Sunny simple life said...

That is perfect! Very sweet.

God Is Enthralled By Your Beauty said...

Ok...I'm screaming in awe!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! That is so beautifully classy and innocent!!! That is so awesome....and you made it look so easy...DIY, turns into "why did I try"? Haahaa...wonderful, creative women like yourself I so celebrate!!! God's gift of creativity through you is so inspiring and blesses...like your sweet, beautiful daughter!!! By the way, thank you for coming by to follow my book blog...I am so blessed to have met you via 'blog world'...I'm looking forward to your next creative post. ;)

awal.ny said...

The table and chairs are so adorable and she certainly looks like she is having fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...