Sunday, March 13, 2011

Praying for Japan

I am sure all of you are heart broken like me after watching on TV the absolute devastation that has happened in Japan. I can't imagine the grief and sorrow that the people of Japan are facing right now .... not only with the earthquake and tsunami, but now the nuclear threat. All I can do is offer my prayers for the people of Japan who all are affected by this disaster.
My daughter, Jaime and her friend Fukiko from Japan.
We were so glad to find out that sweet Fukiko and her family are all safe. 


It makes me realize even more how much we all need to be thankful for each day and to also be prepared for any kind of disaster. Living in California, we are always reminded to be prepared for earthquakes by having enough food and water stored up to last for several weeks or even months. I usually buy a few extra cans of food each week just for this reason. That way it's not a huge expense, but is something we all can do and should do! 



Blessings,

2 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Glad to hear of you friends safety. Very scary time for so many people in Japan. My heart goes out.

blessedmom's simple home said...

So glad to hear your daughter's friend and her family are safe. I do the same thing when it comes to stocking up. I know I never have enough water on hand though. I need to get more of that.
Blessings,
Marcia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...