Tuesday, March 1, 2011

White Paper Roses

This past weekend my Mom came for a visit. She was admiring the paper flower bouquet in my bedroom and asked where I got them. I told her that she had given them to me awhile back. 
However, when she gave them to me they were all in disarray and didn't look very pretty. She had found them at a yard sale and had forgotten all about them. Then she said maybe she should have kept them for  herself!
Sorry Mom, I think I am going to keep them! 
They just look too pretty and vintagey now!

I think that's what I love about yard sales and thrifting so much.... finding things that don't always look so nice at first, but then fixing them up and having something that adds an extra special touch to your home!

I'm joining White Wednesday at Faded Charm!


Blessings,

12 comments:

Gina said...

The roses are so pretty! I love how vintage they look & your photos are beautiful.

Cindy said...

Whtie paper roses, I've never seen any before, they are very pretty. Your photograps are also.

Susan said...

Lucky you to be able to keep & spruce those pretty flowers up! At least Mom can visit them once in a while. They look beautiful.
Happy WW,
Susan

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Everything looks pretty.

Danielle

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

They certainly make for some pretty photos!Hopping over from WW!

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

I agree with everyone! It looks beautiful. Those roses are wonderful and you created such a beautiful scene in your pictures!
Blessings,
Debbie

Honey at 2805 said...

The roses and your vignette are so pretty!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Your photos are so pretty as always!! love the flowers!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

I love your paper roses. I'd have to keep them too! Poor Mom!

Hugs,
Judy

Sandi said...

Of course she wants them after you prettied them up. LOL Love paper roses!!
Blessings~

Suzann said...

Very pretty roses....and I wouldn't give them back to my mother either :)
Your pictures are lovely!!
Suzann ~xoxox~

Susan Marlene Kinney said...

These roses are glorious! They tease out a stop and smell the roses moment – well more like a -- look and drink in their beauty moment really. Thank you for such beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...