Thursday, April 7, 2011

Some Yard Sale Finds

It seems we'll have some warm weather and then it turns cold again. Not too many yards sales yet, but I did manage to find a few treasures.
I found this adorable needlepoint picture for $2.00. I love the colors in it and it will go perfect in our bedroom! I just painted the frame white!
I really love the verse on this picture. It was $3.00. Again, I painted the frame white and distressed it a little. I think it goes well with the needlepoint picture and hopefully I will find a way to display them both together.
I actually found this candelabra last season. It was $5.00. I grabbed it right up! 
I think this little Johnson Bros. plate "Castle on the Lake" is so cute. It was $2.00. The white basket was 25 cents, from last season! I'm really looking forward to finding more treasures as the weather warms up! My husband is always so sweet to take me around on Saturday mornings, after we get some coffee, of course!

I'm linking to Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage!


Blessings,

11 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You made some great finds. I love that candelabra...I found a similar one just a few days ago!!!

Shauna said...

Love yard sales! Come enter to win some great giveaways here:
http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

Melanie said...

Hi, Janet,
What beautiful items you found for your home! Great prices too!
I always enjoy yard sales. You never know what treasures you might find!♥

Gina said...

Those are great finds! Love the candelabra. I can't wait until yard sales begin around here. Good luck treasure hunting!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I absolutely love your finds! Spring truly has sprung.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Diane said...

Awesome finds and good deals too! Love your treasures. Can't wait for yard sale season to start. I am your newest follower, looking forward to more treasure finds! Diane

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

You have found some lovely treasures...thanks for sharing them :)

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Our weather is unpredictable here too but it won't be long now and we'll both be heading out on Saturday mornings, seeking that perfect treasure! All of your yard sale finds are so pretty and perfect for your cottage.

Olivia said...

Janet, What darling finds! I always paint my frames white to update them as well! What a sweet hubby you have to drive you around! Happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs,
Olivia

Tina said...

Such beautiful finds! Love the verse and the candelabra! I haven't hit any yard sales yet..which is very odd for me, but my weekends have been so busy lately. I have hit the thrift stores and found some great deals.

Roselle said...

Great finds! I can't wait for warm weekends to go to yard/garage sales too. Love your tres chic candleabra!
Roselle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...