Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Elegant Junque!



This is "Christine's Antiques" in Tucson, Arizona! My sister and brother-in-law own it. Actually, they have two antique stores and the other one is called "The Elegant Junque Shop"! There really isn't any junk at all, that's just a name they came up with years ago! I think "elegant junque" is kind of clever and reminds me of the term "shabby chic".  However, my sister-in-law Tina and her husband Wayne are real purist and would never dream of painting any antique white!
Christine's and The Elegant Junque Shop are packed to the rafters full of one of a kind antiques, collectibles, vintage toys and jewelry! Did I say jewelry?
Christine's also has a whole room just for dolls and miniatures and it even includes a doll museum! The museum has 1,000's of dolls and there's one doll which dates back to the 1790's! This is definitely going to need a post all its own!
It's truly an antique lovers paradise! I can literally spend hours just browsing here because there's over 100,000 items in each shop alone! Over the years, we have found many unique antiques for our home from here!
 If you're ever in Tucson, you'll have to stop by. Both shops are located side by side!
Jaclyn says, hello, come and see them!

***
On another note....Yes, I did say jewelry!!!

Last year I found the most beautiful heart diamond ring while we were visiting the Elegant Junque Shop. I just adore the heart shaped diamond and they are hard to find. Since I had lost the diamond out of my engagement ring several years ago, I had been looking for a new ring to replace it.
I forgot to mention this ring to my husband until we were on our trip back home to California. So while we were at Cracker Barrel for lunch, I told him about the most beautiful heart diamond ring ever! Well, he said he had already bought me an engagement ring once and abruptly got up from the table and left!!!
Needless to say, the rest of our trip home was very quiet! The next day I let him know how upset I was with him!!! After all, I really needed a new ring! Well, apparently when I told him about the most beautiful ring ever, he jumped up to go call his sister and to ask her to send it ASAP! He wanted to surprise me with it! But, because I was so upset, he said would it help to know that it's on its way?
  
I HEART my husband!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Awww, that is the sweetest story ever!!! What a sweet hubby!!!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

He's a keeper!!!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Janet Sweetie...
What a gorgeous share today. Now that is just the sweetest darn story ever. How sweet of DH and he was trying to surprise you too. I love it.

I haven't been to Tucson. I have lived here in Phoenix for almost 26 years now and have not been down there. You have encouraged me to visit, and I know right where to go. I mean doesn't everyone love elegant junque? How exciting. A nice day outing for DH and myself. Thanks for sharing sweet friend.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Gina said...

What a sweet story about your hubby & the ring! He's definitely a keeper.

I would go crazy in that antique shop. It seems like you could literally spend a whole day in there.

blessedmom's simple home said...

I loved this story. You're husband sounds like such a sweetie!
Looks like a wonderful shop too :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

ANNEMARIE said...

Romance isnt dead! I would love to shop in those antique shops, heaven!! Love your blog, will be back soon! Have a great week! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...