Monday, May 9, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Pillow

I must admit, I find so much inspiration out there in blogland! I've seen these cute Mr. and Mrs. Pillows and thought they would make such great wedding gifts! I've also seen them for sale and they can be quite pricey! Since we've needed several wedding presents this last month, I thought I would try making some myself!
The pillows are for decoration only!
These are a little smaller and I sewed around the edges.

This set has a contrasting fabric on back.
The font is American Typewriter. I used AppleWorks and made the font as large as I could. Also, it's printed in "outline" on card stock. I used an exacto knife to cut it out.
This fabric is Osnaburg, but drop cloth or burlap could be used, as well.
The paint color is chocolate! 
Make sure there's something under the fabric when you're stenciling because it will steep through. Also, be sure the stencil brush has very little paint on it and it's not too runny. The brush should be straight up and just dab the paint on. Otherwise, it can bleed under the stencil!

I had so much fun making these pillows because Liz and Andrew are just the most adorable and sweetest couple ever!
 
Congratulations Liz and Andrew!


I'm linking to Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage!


Blessings,

6 comments:

~Shabby~Prim~Delights~ said...

What a fabulous idea....and I bet yours cost a fraction of the price of the originals. Love 'em
Warm wishes Michelle

Gina said...

They turned out so nicely & they do make a fantastic wedding gift!

blessedmom's simple home said...

I love this idea Janet. They really look wonderful, and the couple looks so cute holding them :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

NanaDiana said...

Janet- Very sweet idea-I have seen them around too! Yours are fabulous and I love the tutorial! Thanks-xxoo Diana

bj said...

I love these pillows...you did a great job on them.
I had a round with stenciling a few weeks back...on a table and, boy, if I didn't have a time of it. I have it on my sidebar...:)

Mary said...

Love the pillows, thanks for the tutorial. I tried my first stencil on wood last week and it did bleed a little, I need to buy that brush with my 40% Michael's coupon this week!

Hugs,
Mary @ Redo 101

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...