Friday, May 13, 2011

Vintage Kitchen Scale

I have been wanting to get a vintage scale for my kitchen for quite a while now. I'm always on the lookout for one when I'm shopping at antique stores. Recently, when I was out with my husband at an antique mall, I found this cute blue scale! Since it was almost Mother's Day my husband bought it for me!
The little decals on the side are so cute, too! 
Also, I made another little lamp! 
I found this Mary Engelbreit watering can at Michael's a few weeks ago and thought it would make a cute lamp for my kitchen.

Here's a link to the post about the watering can lamp I made!

I really like how sweet they both look in my kitchen!

I'm linking to Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground and
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage!


Blessings,






11 comments:

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Janet,
The scale is perfect with your sweet lamp that you made! I am so impressed. I love the color of blue on the scale and the artwork on the side too.
Perfect!
Your kitchen looks great!
xx
A

NanaDiana said...

Janet-They are perfect in your kitchen. My Mom had a pale yellow scale with a decal like that on the side...I think it was from the 50's...maybe even the 40's...and I LOVE your little lamp that you made. I have always loved her ME's patterns and designs...they are just darling! Hugs-Diana

Simply Bungalow said...

Love the scale. The color is wonderful.
~Heidi

Cozy Home Scenes said...

I've seen Mary's stuff at the craft stores recently and it's very cute. However, I love that you took it to the next level by making a lamp. Very adorable! Thanks so much for visiting my blog this week!

blessedmom's simple home said...

Your little scale is adorable. I really like the blue color. I have a green one, and although I bought it for decoration, I do use it more often than I thought I would :-)
Have a wonderful weekend Janet.
blessings,
Marcia

Robin said...

I love your new scale, it's so cute and the color is so perfect.

Your kitchen looks so cheerful and happy it must be a joy to hangout in.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The scale is perfect! I love the blue color and that decal is so sweet!!! The blue/white cup also caught my eye...perfectly repurposed as a scoop!!! Love the little ME watering can...gotta go check out your post on how to make one. Thanks!!!

Tracey said...

I just love your kitchen!

Gina said...

Oh Janet,I love your blue scale! It looks perfect in your kitchen. And may I add, I love your kitchen too.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a sweet little scale- I love the color on it and it's perfect with your lamp! Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

Rebecca said...

I have a scale very similar to yours only mine in creamy white. I love, love LOVE IT and the reminder of a simpler time in life. With all our newfangled gadgets nothing out there today compares to the old stuff.

Sweet bloggie you have...and YOU ARE GORGEOUS! Oh my goodness...YOU ARE! You remind me of Miss NanaDiana! :)

xoRebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...