Monday, June 20, 2011

Some Yard Sale Finds

Lately, there have been so many yard sales in my neighborhood! Here are just a few items I've found recently. 
This sweet vintage spice rack was $2.00! 
It's damaged in the upper right-hand corner but, that's nothing a little wood patch and white paint can't fix!
 The after photo! 
I just love it now and it fits perfectly in my kitchen!
This clock was $.50 and did not work! But, oh well, I really don't need another clock. Maybe it would make a nice chalkboard!
I just removed the clock part and used some wood patch to fill in the little hole, then sprayed with chalkboard paint! 
I also found four of these small dainty cups and saucers for just $1.00! A week later, I happened to see this same cup and saucer at our local antique mall selling for $12.00! 
I used my glue gun to attach the cup and saucer to the candle holders. . . . yet another yard sale find!

I am constantly amazed at what I discover at yard sales! Yes, there's certainly a lot of just plain old junk to wade through! But, I love to find something unique, or something I can fix up or paint to my own liking.  I could never begin to decorate my home without all these treasures I find at yard sales! 


I'm linking to Thrifty Finds this Week at Southern Hospitality
The Nester for "Best Yard Sale Finds Ever"!

Blessings,







6 comments:

Kim K. said...

Your finds are just charming. You have such a lovely kitchen. I'm in love with your cup and saucer candle holders. Brilliant idea.

Gina said...

These are great finds! Everything looks so pretty. Your kitchen always leaves me in awe. I love the idea of the cup & saucer on the sconces...very ingenious!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment on my potting table. I'm so glad you did! I love the cottage style and know that I am in for a treat as I browse through your blog!

Patty said...

Janet, You did some great buying! I love the spice containers with the birds on them! They look perfect in your kitchen!!

NanaDiana said...

Janet- You found some really great things. I LOVE that little spice cabinet. My mother had a similar one (brown color though) when I was growing u. And I love your cup and saucer candleholders...but I think I've told you THAT before! xo Diana

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You are so clever!!! You're lucky to find one of those spice racks for $2.00...they are quite pricey now!!! Love the cup and saucer/sconce idea...It's all great!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...