Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cowboy Up!

This is Jimmy's room. He's my youngest son and will be 13 this year.
 He keeps telling me that he doesn't want a cowboy room anymore! I realize it's past time for a room redo. Jimmy's had a cowboy room since we first moved into our home nearly 8 years ago when he was only 4!  But, as his 13th birthday approaches, I know I must get busy and redo it into a more grownup teenagers room! :(
I've always liked this cool cowhide fabric I found at a fabric warehouse! I just stapled it right onto the wall and added some old, rugged type wood for the chair rail. I also painted and stenciled his little table and chair (actually the other chair is broken)! Jimmy has outgrown them now! :(
This red cabinet hides his TV and video game stuff! 
A cowboy boot chair!
We mounted these antlers my husband found when he was a kid growing up in Arizona! 
The curtains are made from bandana handkerchiefs tied onto a real tree branch!
I painted the walls and ceiling a light sky blue, then sponge painted clouds all over the walls and ceiling! There's even stars on the ceiling that glow at night!
 I made this little lamp for him out of an old spool. The fabric on the lamp shade is from leftover fabric I used when I made his baby quilt. 
Can't have a cowboy room without the Duke!
Closeup photo of the cowboy bedding on his bunk.
This is a rag rug I crocheted for him using old flannel sheets and some old jeans!
I actually learned how to make this from watching you tube videos!

I had so much fun decorating his room with a cowboy theme and
I don't have any ideas how I am going to redo his room, yet!
Maybe I should ask him?


I'm linking to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
and Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring!



Blessings,

7 comments:

April said...

That's such a sweet room. What a bittersweet time to *need* to redecorate. . .my youngest just asked me to make HIS room over in cowboys! :)

Kim K. said...

What a bittersweet post. The cowboy theme is adorable but I understand wanting a different decore now. You never know. Maybe someday, you'll have a grandchild that wants a cowboy themed bedroom!!

Gina said...

Even though he's outgrown it, it still is an awesome room! I love all the creativity & little details you added. Have fun redecorating.

gena said...

Awwwww, my twinsies had a cowboy room when they were little. LOVE it !

I really love that rug and you've got me on a search for how to make one myself... for the twinsies actually... even though they're all "grown up" young men of 20 now !

thanks for sharing your sweet boys room and have fun creating the next one !

gena

Ana said...

Oh Janet,
Awesome job with the cowboy room...Love, love, love the cowboy chair. My daughter's room, when she was little (now 16), was all pink, roses, and princessey and when she told me she wanted to redo it because she had outgrown it...I won't lie to you.... it crushed me. My baby girl was growing up...Eeeek! I know where you're at...Like April said, it's a "bittersweet time". But have fun with it and let your son get involved in the decorating process...It'll all be okay in the end :-) Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Shelia said...

Hi Janet! Aw...your son maybe growing out of his cowboy room but I'll bet he's had a ball in there. It is just darling! :) Any cowpoke would have been proud to hang up his hats and spurs in there! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Crystal said...

What a great room!!! It's so sad when they grow up. It seems it happens overnight. I think it's adorable!! By the way the rug is awesome....can't believe you did that from videos!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...