Saturday, July 9, 2011

Homemade Apricot Jam

My sweet neighbor gave me some apricots from her tree the other day. So, I thought I would try making some no cook apricot freezer jam! I've made freezer jam before with strawberries and peaches, but never with apricots. Here's my post about making no cook strawberry jam!
Apricot jam is so yummy and homemade is absolutely the best!

 I used 4 cups crushed apricots and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Basically, I just followed the directions on the "no cook" fruit pectin package!

I love making freezer jam because you don't have to can it....  just put in the freezer!  You could also freeze it in plastic containers, as well! I like using the "Ball" brand of pectin because it uses a lot less sugar.   

I'm joining Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies!


Blessings,

8 comments:

blessedmom's simple home said...

Great photos Janet. It sounds so delicious. Apricot is one of my favorite flavors of jam (along with plum) but I've never made it. Of course, apricots right off the tree are so much sweeter than store bought ones :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Marcia

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The jam looks so yummy, Janet! Great photos!!!

Gina said...

I've never made apricot jam, only strawberry. This looks delicious. It'll be even more delicious when you're enjoying it in the winter, right?

Kim K. said...

Looks so yummy. Beautiful pictures. I need to take the girls berry picking this summer. Josie's never been and I think she'd have a ball.

jAne said...

Mmmm. and the pictures of your apricot bounty are beautiful. :o) In a couple weeks i'll be doing some serious canning. until then, other projects take center stage..longing for canning though, all the same. :o)

jAne

NanaDiana said...

That is my husband's all time favorite jam in the world...apricot. You would be his new BFF if he knew you were making it! I don't think apricots grow here-our season is too short for them. Hugs- Diana

Lisa said...

Wow, what a gift to have fresh apricots and be able to make such gorgeous jam with it. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till tomorrow night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your jam up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Janet, not only does it look delicious, it is so pretty all jarred up. Thanks for the tips! I have never made frozen jam, but I do think I need to get busy here and just do it.

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...