Thursday, July 14, 2011

My New IKEA Sofas!

I couldn't believe that I found this IKEA love seat on craigslist!

 I've been desperately wanting to get a new love seat to replace our old, ugly recliner! I told my husband how nice it would be if we could actually sit together and watch a movie! Yes, this was my scheme to get rid of that old thing! I just had to do something desperate because his old recliner was beginning to look like Frasiers' Dad's chair!!!

Anyway, the love seat I found on craigslist also came with a brand new slipcover! They were asking $200.00, but settled on $175.00. I really didn't want to pay that much, but it was in great shape and a brand new IKEA love seat is $379.00! 
Well.... I loved the love seat so much that I had to have the sofa to go with it!
(If you give a mouse a cookie)! My old hand me down sofa had seen better days, as well and now looked awful next to my new love seat! I'd been intending to make a slipcover for the old thing, but that was just becoming too overwhelming of a project for me! So, the next Saturday morning after we brought the love seat home, my oldest son Josh and I headed off to IKEA (after we dropped my husband off at the airport)! We had a fun morning and Josh even set the sofa up for me when we got home!
I just love my new sofas and now I feel like I have a brand new family room! I especially like the fact that the sofas have washable slipcovers! I couldn't believe that the slipcover for the love seat was only $11.00, so I bought an extra one! I ended up selling my old sofa for $35.00 on craigslist and listed the recliner as free because no one would pay anything for it and they were both gone within a day! Now my husband and I can sit together on our love seat and watch his John Wayne movies! ;)

I'm linking to Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home!


Blessings,

11 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

LOL...Fraser's Dad's chair....you crack me up! Dads seem to have their favorite chairs, huh? But good for you that you found such a wonderful set! They could not be any more perfect in your darling home.

xo
Becky

Gina said...

Oh Janet, I love them! I'd haul my leather out to the curb right now, by myself, if I could buy them. LOL

For the Love of a Cottage said...

I love your cottage sofa and loveseat from Ikea. I have had my eye on these pieces for a long time.

Beautiful room, indeed!!!

NanaDiana said...

Great looking pieces. It's amazing how something like that can change the whole tone of a room, isn't it? They are perfect for the room! Love that you can now watch JOHN WAYNE movies!!! lol xo Diana

Stacey said...

Your sofas are so very pretty! This is exactly what I would love to have! Thanks for sharing!
Stacey of Embracing Change

blessedmom's simple home said...

The look beautiful Janet! I'll try not to show my "jealous" bone :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Marcia

Kim K. said...

Your sofas are so lovely and fit the decor so nicely of your charming home. Good for you!!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I have the same set and just love them. They look great in your living room! So light and airy. :)

Debbie~ said...

I looove your new love seat and sofa, they look wonderful in your family room! What did your hubby say when his 'Fraser' chair was missing? Sometimes browsing a good decorating magazine during a movie, isn't too bad! :)Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

S and O said...

Those sofas look cozy!
Hope your having a great weekend!
xoxo
Olivia

Our Back Porch said...

That's the way to work it, girl! I LOVE these sofas!!! Your room is so cozy and inviting! Enjoy lots of movie nights...my hubby is a BIG John Wayne fan too! Hmmm....maybe I should try your idea! lol ENJOY!

Waving from Our Back Porch,
Rebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...