Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Few Side of the Road Finds!

I can't believe someone actually left this mirror on the side of the road with a "FREE" sign on it! My husband spotted it early yesterday morning when he was out riding his bike. He hurried home, got my van and brought it home for me because he knew I would like it!
He's SO sweet!
I will be painting it, of course!
Now, I can't believe that I actually drug this desk home myself! I found it on the side of the road, too! I admit it was a mess!!!
But, now it is my little sewing desk! 
I'm still amazed at how a little paint and a few minor repairs can transform an old ugly piece of furniture that nobody wanted into a real sweet find! 

I'm joining the The Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking!

Blessings,

9 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

wow that mirror is awesome as is!! i guess they just didn't have room for it.

i love what you did with the desk!

Amy Jo said...

What a blessed find! And your sewing area is darling...

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Kim K. said...

Paint definitely makes the world go round! Your free finds are fantastic. The desk is just dreamy and I'm sure the mirror will be splendid. Good for you! How nice that your husband spotted the mirror!

Cynthia said...

Wow, the transformation in that desk is amazing! It looks so great!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Clearly you have amazing vision to see the potential in that desk. You did a fantastic job on your desk. I love it and actually I can believe someone got rid of the mirror. I leave things out for people with notes for them to take it as well. I believe in Karma, so one day I will be riding down the road and find a nice item such as yours. Don't ya love it. What great finds you have.

Paula

Ana said...

Oh my goodness Janet, isn't it amazing what some people throw out? Well, one person's trash was definitely your treasure...The desk turned out beautiful. Great job.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Shelia said...

I'm with you, who would throw away that mirror! I know it will look wonderful after you've painted it.
Your little sewing desk turned out wonderfully!! Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debbie Kay said...

I love that mirror!! You are soooo lucky and the desk makes for a perfect sewing area. Good job and GREAT finds!!

Debbie

Mary said...

You are my kinda girl - roadside finds turned to beauty! This desk is amazing - if you have time, stop by my blog to see what I did with a desk I got from the dump in the "Too Good to Waste" area. BTW I followed your GFC and I'm adding you to my blog roll - can't wait to see what you do next!!!

Hugs,
Mary
http://Redo101.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...