Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade Plum Jam

I've been making a lot of freezer jam this summer and my freezer is now full of jam! I've never made plum jam before, but heard it was very delicious! Since plums were on sale the other day, I bought 4 lbs. and decided to try making some!
Most of the freezer jams I've made this summer (strawberry, peach and apricot), did not need to be cooked. However, the plums did! After slicing them and removing the pits, I simmered them until soft. When they were cool, I put them in my blender to puree. 
 A few weeks ago I made blueberry jam and cooked it first, as well. Which by the way, was quite yummy! Here's a previous post about making freezer jam. 
I like using the "Ball" brand of pectin the best because their recipe for freezer jam only uses
1 1/2 cups of sugar, instead of like 7 cups, as most recipes call for! It definitely tastes delicious and I can't decide now which jam is my favorite!


Blessings,

7 comments:

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

You could seriously sell this stuff...looks delicious! I have made freezer jam but not for years. Maybe I should give it a try again.

Kim K. said...

I had BIG plans with our garden to do more freezing and canning and now I'm feeling short-changed with our rabbit infestation. Your jam looks amazing. Maybe I need to give in and go to the store. Thanks for the inspiration. Yum.

Gina said...

I've never had plum jam, I bet it's delicious!

Ana said...

Yummy Janet...I love all sorts of jams, strawberry and apricot being my absolute favorites. However, I have never tried plum jams...Sure looks delicious. I admire people like you who make their own preserves...I should really learn how to make my own :-)

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

jAne said...

i love the gorgeous color of that jam! there's something oh so satisfying and homey about making jam, hm? :o)

BeautifulDees said...

Yum it look's so good to put on a slice of toast. I havnt canned for about three year's...my pear tree is loaded so maybe I will get to make some pear jam in September.
Thank's for sharing.
Love,Debbie

Boo-Bah said...

Sounds delicious! I've never made plum, just strawberry and peach.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...