Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Pickle Pot!

I've never in my life made pickles! But, after seeing how easy they were to make in blogland, I thought it would be fun to give it a try! I especially like this recipe because it is a refrigerator recipe and does not involve canning!
Making pickles reminded me of Aunt Bee and the famous pickle episode!
Her pickles were not very tasty!  In fact, Andy and Barney described Aunt Bee's pickles as tasting like kerosene! My husband assured me that mine were delicious!
I found the recipe for the Pickle Pot at Miz Helen's!

The pickles were very easy to make! Although, I went a little overboard! I made twice as much as Miz Helen's recipe! I asked my son the chef to bring me a large leftover glass jar from his kitchen and I filled it up!
I'm not a pickle connoisseur by any means, but did add some sugar to the recipe to better suit my taste!
I don't like eating pickles by themselves, but prefer them in a sandwich!

I have so many pickles now, that I've been giving them away!!!




Blessings,

6 comments:

Kim K. said...

Your pickles look absolutely yummy. That was something I wanted to try this summer too. Thanks for sharing the refrigerator version. I'm all about "easy" right now with my University life. I'm missing the care-free days of summer.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Janet,
I am honored that you are making my Pickle Pot recipe. I sure hope that you enjoy your pickles, they look delicious in that jar. You have a lovely blog and I am your newest follower. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing!
Miz Helen

blessedmom's simple home said...

What a great recipe. It sounds so easy. When my cucumbers come in, I'm going to make it too. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you're having a wonderful summer. I haven't been online much. I loved the Disneyland photos. You have such a beautiful family!
Blessings,
Marcia

BeautifulDees said...

My grandmother used to make some similar...she would alway's send us home with some.
They look good.
LOve,Debbie:)

Judi said...

Hi Janet
Oh that is one large jar of pickles and they look so good. I love a good pickle whether dill or sweet. I might have to try that recipe myself. I like it oh hamburgers and on hot dogs and as a side with some meals and for a snack! Yum!
Judi

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

These look incredible. I LOVE pickles. My favorite way to eat them is on sandwiches. I just pile them on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...