Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shabby Chic Inspired Shower Curtain

I just love all the pretty shabby chic shower curtains, especially the ones I've seen at Target! So, I thought I would try making one myself!  I purchased a plain white cotton shower curtain at Target when it was on sale for just $6.98!
To make the ruffles I decided to use quilt binding. It's so wide and since it's cut on the bias it won't ravel.  I certainly did not want to hem all those strips of fabric! I think the raw edges give it a more shabby chic feel, anyway!
I used two packages of white cotton quilt binding. The binding was 3 inches wide and 3 yards long. I cut the binding down the center lengthwise, so I would have four strips
(1 1/2 inches wide and 3 yards long)! This was enough to make four rows of ruffles. I then stitched down the middle of each strip and gathered them. Now, I have four pretty ruffles and I just sewed them onto the shower curtain in four rows!
This was a pretty easy project and I love my new shabby chic shower curtain! 



I'm joining Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage!
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design!
White Wednesday at Faded Charm!
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style!


Blessings,

11 comments:

Kirsty said...

So pretty! I love it!

BluBabesCreate said...

Love the shower curtain!

Kim K. said...

Brilliant and very pretty.

Gina said...

This is so pretty & such a wonderful idea! I wish I could sew.

Judi said...

Hi Janet
Wow love it! It looks soooo good and you did such a great job.
thank you for sharing.
have a great day today!
Judi

stefanie said...

oh, its gorgeous!!!!

Shelia said...

Hi Janet! Oh, this is a beautiful shower curtain. It looks wonderful! Aren't you the smartest little one using the quilt binding. I'll have to keep that in mind!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0

Debbie Kay said...

That is sooooo pretty. Nice job.

Debbie

Miss Char said...

Janet, this is too cute. I love the shower curtain and think it would be a great project for bedroom curtains too. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

I love it! I'm featuring your post on my top ten this week at Boogieboard Cottage. Have a great week, Mary :O)

Cindy said...

Your shower curtain is beautiful, I have been wanting to make one like that. Thanks for the idea of the quilt binding, I will have to see if our fabric stores have it.
Hugs, Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...