Sunday, August 21, 2011

True Disney Legends

Betty Taylor as "Sluefoot Sue" and Wally Boag as "Pecos Bill" starred in the original Golden Horseshoe Revue at Disneyland! 
The other evening my husband and I along with our kids were invited to Disneyland to attend a special Tribute to honor two "True Disney Legends" Betty Taylor and Wally Boag! They were both there from the very beginning when Disneyland first opened and were hand picked by Walt Disney to star in the Golden Horseshoe Revue! It is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most performances of any show in the entire world - over 47,000 shows!
 Just recently they both passed away within one day of each other. We were so sad to hear of Wally's passing on June 3 and then the very next morning we learned that Betty was gone, too! Disneyland decided to honor them with a special tribute.
My husband had the privilege of working with both Wally and Betty at the Golden Horseshoe Revue! He was Wally's sub for 12 years! They were absolutely amazing performers and my husband and I felt so privileged to even know them! I was a waitress at the Golden Horseshoe and that is where we met! It is a truly special place for us!
My husband as Pecos Bill!

Jaclyn was so excited to meet the Can Can Dancers! I wish you could of seen her kicking up her heels along with them!
They were so sweet to her!
Disney legend Richard Sherman who wrote so many Disney songs was there, as well!
My girl's were thrilled to meet him and they even know all of his songs!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Our family on stage at Disneyland!
It was a very special evening for us!



Blessings,

7 comments:

Kim K. said...

What a magical night. Such a special tribute. It's so nice to see the rest of your beautiful family too.

Gina said...

It looks like you had a wonderful evening with your family!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

How fun!! Thank you for sharing your photos!

NanaDiana said...

Congratulations, Janet! Your hubby is a handsome fella and your family is beautiful! We love Disney...nothing like it in the world, is there? I was about the 10th person in line the day Disney World opened to the public in FL and have been back many,many times! xo Diana

Sheila said...

OMGoodness....seriously this is my favorite thing at Disneyland other than the Tikki Room. When I was little I would run up on stage to dance and they actually let me once my Mom says i was about 3...my family loveloveloves to talk about it and tell everyone. What a wonderful tribute to such a great show!

Blessings,
sheila

Ana said...

Oh Janet, what a very special evening for you and your family. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Jeanne said...

This was very special to me, just because I saw the show every trip to Disneyland when I was growing up back when Disneyland was new. Imagine marrying Pecos Bill! What a proud evening for you and your family attending this special tribute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...