Monday, September 19, 2011

100 Yard Sales!

This past Saturday morning, I got up early to go to 100 yard sales! A gated retirement community near my home has a yard sale once a year and over 100 homes were going to be participating! I sure didn't want to miss that! My sweet husband and daughter, Jessica came along. My husband was more like the chauffeur and drove us around while following the map. Jessica and I would jump out of the car with our Starbucks and sweet hubby would try to find a place to park! I think we only made it to about 25 yard sales, but we did find a lot of really good stuff!
All of these Staffordshire "English Garden" dishes were $6.00! I absolutely love them!
An assortment of vintage bottles, vases, a charming white wicker flower basket and cute hand crocheted pot holders... 25 cents a piece! Yay!
I already added some flowers to this charming basket!
I am going to repaint the mirror window frame and the an antique tool box. I also found a topiary to redo, letter holder and a brand new light fixture for my husbands office, which we've already installed! The window and light were $8.00, and everything else was either $.50 or $1.00.
I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to paint the window and shutters, as yet! 
I even found some fall pumpkins to add to my collection!
We found so many others things, too! Picture frames to make chalkboards, cute little dishes and jewelry. Maybe I should be thinking about Christmas gifts?

It was such a fun morning! I'm so happy that my daughter, Jessica is really starting to get into yard sales now! She's developing a good eye for things and is learning how to bargain politely!


Blessings,

9 comments:

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Wow! Great finds and great prices! I can't imagine my husband being patient enough to wait for me at 25 garage sales. Haha!

I love the window with the shutters and the china.

Have a great week!
Pam

Gina said...

Wow! That must have been one heck of a yard sale. You found so many wonderful items & wonderful prices.

Judi said...

Hi Janet
100 yard sales...what a treasure hunt!! good for you for getting to 254 of them. I wish I could have been there with you. You did so well and your hubby sure is a dear to travel along with you and your daughter...
great finds...the dishes are beautiful...love the mirror frame too...
great finds.
Judi

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!!! Great bargains!!! Mom and daughter junking teams are THE BEST!!! :))

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Janet,
Wow! You found some wonderful finds. Love the china, the shutters and window mirror! I have a mirrored window too which I haven't done a thing to yet. This weekend is our Island's 70 Mile Yard Sale and I cannot wait to go thrifting! Thanks for sharing your goodies.

Blessings,
Sandi

Amy Jo said...

Oh how I love community sales! They are so much fun, it looks like you got some great stuff..

blessings,
Amy Jo

NanaDiana said...

Janet- What a haul! I love when they do big group sales like that. We have a couple of neighborhoods that do that too. It is so much easier and there is so much to choose from...love your finds! xo Diana

Kim K. said...

Such amazing finds!! Good for you. How nice that your husband and daughter got into the thrifting magic too!

Rosetta said...

Ciao sono la tua nuova follwer Rosetta!Ho trovato il tuo blog e me ne sono innamorata.La tua casa รจ dolce e romantica e poi siete una famiglia sorridente.Grazie per essere passata anche tu al mio blog,sei la benvenuta,Rosetta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...