Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Toile Pumpkin!

I always love to do projects with things I already have on hand. So when my copy of Country Living magazine arrived the other day, I knew I would be making a toile pumpkin! 
 I painted my orange faux pumpkin with some white craft paint. Then, with some left over toile wallpaper from my dining room, I photocopied it and resized it a little smaller. After cutting the different images out, I used some mod podge to glue them on. Then I had a beautiful toile pumpkin! I know mine isn't quite magazine worthy, but I really like it because it matches my wallpaper and curtains!
The directions are in the October issue. It was pretty simple to do. There are some other cute ideas for decorating pumpkins in this issue, as well.  Maybe I'll try another one!

I'm so excited that my husband and I will be getting away for the next few days! We are going to a beautiful Bed and Breakfast along the coast of California!




Blessings,

12 comments:

Tina said...

I think you did a great job! What a great idea..and yes, it's very magazine worthy!

Rosetta said...

La tua zucca con il toile รจ venuta proprio bene,brava!Buona domenica,Rosetta

Mariaelena said...

you did a great job... i'm making one too... i've had my issue on the counter since it arrived...enjoy yours...happy Sunday, Mariaelena

Kim K. said...

I really love your pumpkin. It is magazine worthy and you've convinced me that I need to pick up a copy of that magazine too! Happy Sunday!

Kimberly said...

That is so lovely ... Bravo! Thanks for sharing!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

At first I thought your photo was the one from Country Living. I'd say it's totally magazine worthy! I saw these and thought they were so cute. Great project. Have fun on your trip!

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Your pumpkin came out beautiful! I was thinking of making one of these as well (maybe in black & white toile). Congrats on your followers milestone.

Danielle

Amy Jo said...

This is gorgeous! What a neat idea.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Gina said...

You did an excellent job! I love your toile pumpkin. Have a nice trip.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I love that cover photo on Country Living and you did a wonderful job recreating the pumpkin!!!

Natasha in Oz said...

That looks wonderful! I would love to try making one of those...I am quite sure it wouldn't look anywhere near as fabulous as yours though!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Ana said...

Oh I love, love, love this idea. As soon as I got my Country Living magazine I knew I had to try it too. Yours turned out awesome. You have inspired me to get to mine :-)

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...