Friday, October 28, 2011

Birthday Week !!!

This past week we celebrated four birthdays at our house!!! It has been a very crazy, but fun week! We started off on Sunday with my son Jimmy's 13th birthday! He wanted to have "Dirt Cups" instead of a cake! That was just fine with me since that would mean one less cake this week! However, I decided to make it in my trifle dish because I tripled the recipe!
If you've never made it, it's super easy and really good, too!

   DIRT CUPS

2 c. cold milk
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
8 oz. Cool Whip
16 oz. oreos, crushed (remove icing)
8 to 10 clear cup, goblets, etc.
Mix pudding into milk until well blended. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip and 1/2 crushed cookies. Place 1 teaspoon cookies into cup. Fill 3/4 full with pudding. Top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate one hour. Garnish with gummy worms, frogs, candy flowers, or chopped nuts.
 I can't believe my little boy is a teenager now! 

The very next day was my birthday! I got to pick out something from our local antique mall. I will share what I found tomorrow! 


Blessings,

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you for visiting and following Red Rose Alley, and Happy Birthday to all of you. Four Birthdays...wow! I will come back to visit with you often.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH..that gave me the creepy-crawlies seeing those worm lines come up along side the glass part....ewwwww...but SOOO much fun! How cute is that! xo Diana

ps...I think you need at least ONE MORE birthday to celebrate!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday to all! Your dirt cake looks yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...