Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Apple Green

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving! I surely did and was so blessed to have most of my family over for Thanksgiving dinner! 
Well, two days before Thanskgiving I decided to repaint the coffee table in my familyroom apple green! As if I had nothing else to do! I do love white, but was feeling some color could make things pop and I've really been loving the color apple green lately! I knew if I didn't get it done before Thanksgiving, then I probably wouldn't get it finished until next year! I was thinking apple green might look kind of nice with my Christmas decorations, too!
This is the way it looked before. It really needed a redo especially since Jaclyn spilled red finger nail polish on it!   
The color I decided on was Bleached Spruce by Valspar. I also used minwax paste finishing wax to protect it. The wax made the color just a little bit darker which I liked.
I'm still trying to finish up all of my Christmas decorating! This room is still a work in progress and will post more of it soon!

I'm linking to Transformation Thursday at Shabby Chic Cottage
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed!


Blessing,

10 comments:

Kim K. said...

I'm smitten. Josie's bedroom walls are apple green. It's one of my favorite colors. Bring on the Christmas cheer!

Julie Harward said...

I love it Janet...I have always loved apple green, my first baby nursery was that color. Love the table too! ;D

Debbie Kay said...

Yes beautiful, fresh, crisp apple green is the perfect color for your pretty coffee table. I love it!

Smiles,

Debbie

Mariaelena said...

Great color you chose...what a nice cheery change for the winter months...enjoy it..xo, Mariaelena

Gina said...

It looks wonderful, Janet! The color is great. It's such a pretty shade of green.

Amy Jo said...

Happy Holidays!

I love the new green! Also like that candy cane pillow... So cute.

Blessings to you

blessedmom's simple home said...

I love the way it turned out Janet. It really adds a beautiful pop of color to your room :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Red Rose Alley said...

Your apple green coffee table turned out so nice, and your decorating is coming along. We are getting our tree tomorrow - time to decorate for me too.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Hope Filled Living said...

Oh my gosh, Janet, your living room is so pretty! I love green anyway...I would do my whole house in shades of green if I could!
I'm your newest follower!
Hugs,
Mary

Cindy said...

I really like your apple green coffee table, it looks wonderful and really does look good with the Christmas decor. Wonderful room, very cottagey!
Hugs, Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...