Monday, November 7, 2011

Family Fun Day!

Last Friday and Sunday we had lots of rain and thunderstorms! But, in between all that, Saturday was a beautiful sunny day! So we decided to take our two youngest kids out for a day trip. Now antique stores are not their favorite place to go, but they allowed me to shop for awhile at one of my favorites "Country Road Antiques" in Orange, CA.
They have the most beautiful antiques and I love how everything is displayed!
I thought the little lamp in the bird cage was really sweet.
If you're ever in Orange County, the Orange Circle is full of one of a kind antique stores!
Then we drove down near the beach to see Rogers Gardens. They had their Christmas room set up, which my kids really enjoyed. I think I'm ready for Christmas now and may even start pulling out some of my Christmas decorations!
Then we headed down for a walk on the Balboa pier. It was a little cool, but we didn't mind because...
we ate dinner at Ruby's on the pier!
The kids were excited to have hamburgers, fries and cherry coke!

We watched the big waves crashing and
 the sun setting behind us over Catalina Island!

Blessings,

12 comments:

Kim K. said...

Now that's my kind of perfect day! Such beautiful stores and yummy food! The view of the sunset and waves are just icing on the cake. Looks much more fun that my day of packing up all our Halloween chaos.

Gina said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! I wouldn't mind a day spent like that.

The pictures of the water are so pretty!

Janet said...

love those shops. What a fun day for everybody!!!1

NanaDiana said...

Janet- It looks like a beautiful day for you and your family. It does look like it was pretty cool that day! Great memories for the kids! xo Diana

Amy Jo said...

What Beautiful antique stores! Looks like you all had a wonderful time...

Blessings

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, we go through Orange County once in awhile because we're Southern Cal girls. I'll have to check the shops out. I loved the second one. So many pretty things in there. I always get into the Christmas season early, as it is my favorite time of year. It sounds like you had such a fun day. Those pictures of the waves are gorgeous. My son and husband are surfers, and have surfed the waves all throughout California. Have a lovely week.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Ana said...

Oh Janet,
You know what? I'm soooo ready for Christmas too. Can't wait. I already have one little Christmas Angel sitting in my living room reminding me everyday that it's getting closer to Christmas tree decorating time...Yay! Anyway, sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Rebecca said...

Oh girly...I've been to Country Roads and I just loved it!!!! What an amazing place to shop...I hope someday to return. I grew up in Cali (Hacienda Heights) and I miss it so much...even after all these years!

Love to you~Rebecca

Debbie Kay said...

I love that shop in Old Towne Orange, I shopped there recently and found so many amazing treasures. We should meet up sometime, I bet we could shop til we drop.

Smiles,

Debbie

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

Hi Debbie. I am a fellow SoCal blogger and I just found your blog through Debbie Kay. Wasn't that storm wonderful and we're supposed to get more rain this weekend. I love downtown Orange and don't even get me started on Rogers Gardens. We always make it there at least once during the holiday season. Your blog is beautiful and I'm following you know. Patty

blessedmom's simple home said...

Beautiful photos Janet. I've never been down there to those antique stores. Maybe we can go down together sometime. We love Balboa too, as you know :)
Glad you had a great day.
Blessings,
Marcia

Cindy said...

It looks like you had lots of fun! What lovely treasures in the Antique store! I'm ready to start thinking about Christmas.
Love the beach and sunset photo.
Hugs, Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...