Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Best Caramel Corn Ever!

I've never tried making caramel corn until just a few weeks ago over Christmas. It was super easy and really fun to make! It is also very, very yummy! I used Paula Deen's Recipe and it is definitely the best I've ever tasted!
Ingredients:
 1 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 t. baking soda
Combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. 
The really fun part was adding the baking soda! I felt like I was conducting a science experiment! (Jimmy is stirring.)
Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour at 200 degrees F. stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to dry.

This is such a delicious snack, but I must warn you it could become quite addicting!
Jaclyn, my official taste tester, gives it her thumbs up seal of approval!

Blessings,

10 comments:

Kim K. said...

YUMMY! We've been known to eat popcorn for dinner at our house. This recipe looks fantastic and Jaclyn is pretty cute too.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Yes! I've made this and it is delicious! And super easy. Great pictures!

Gina said...

Looks very yummy! I think if Jaclyn gives her seal of approval, then I'm in.

Ana said...

Yummo! Looks soooo gooood! I love carmel corn. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

NanaDiana said...

Janet- that looks great! Paula Deen has the best recipes, doesn't she?! Are you addicted now? That is usually what happens to me when I try something I really end up loving- xo Diana

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

MMMMM, now I'm hungry and lunch is still almost 2 hours away! Looks absolutely delish!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my, that looks delicous. Caramel corn is a favorite of mine. I love Paul Deen! She uses LOTS of butter when she cooks, and sometimes I watch her show.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Barbara said...

Oh my Jaclyn is a complete doll!!! O love carmel corn and this recipe looks really yummy! I will have to give it a whirl with my kids...thanks for posting!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for sharing this, it does look wonderful...such a cute little girl too! :D

blessedmom's simple home said...

My family loves caramel corn, but I've never made it either. I never even pop my own. We just use the microwave stuff. My kids would love this!
Blessings,
Marcia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...