Monday, January 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home!

New Year's Blessings!

I've been out of town for several days and I am SO happy to be safe and sound back at my Home Sweet Home! Our home is truly a haven, a place of rest from the outside world! Like all of you, I want my home to be a refuge for my family, a place to retreat to, be recharged and refreshed. As we begin this new year, I am so thankful for God's blessings and protection.

Since my husband had to work out of town for New Year's, I thought it would be fun to go along with him and bring our two youngest kids for a little getaway. On New Year's Eve as we were driving back to our hotel after dinner, the passenger window where I was sitting suddenly blew out! My first thought was that someone was shooting at us, being New Year's Eve and all.  It was so loud and all of a sudden all this glass was falling on me! My husband drove a little ways to get away from whatever it was that caused it and I called 911. When the police came they said it was most likely a rock that was thrown at us. We saw that it had hit our car on the window frame. He said we were lucky that it did not come through the window, as it hit just a few inches above my head! It could have even hit my son Jimmy who was sitting right behind me and we might have had a different outcome. Needless to say, it was very scary and my kids and I were pretty shaken up! I find it so hard to believe that someone could actually throw rocks at cars with the intent to cause harm or even kill someone! I am thankful that we were all okay besides a few minor cuts and only have a window to replace!

I am looking forward to 2012 and sharing many new projects around my Home Sweet Home!

Blessings,

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Wow, Janet- That is a scary, scary story! I can't believe someone would actually do that...it makes you wonder what kind of person has that in their heart, doesn't it? Unless, of course, it was kids who DON'T THINK about the outcome of their actions sometimes.

Happy New Year to you- xo Diana

Gina said...

Oh my goodness Janet, thank heavens you are all ok! That had to have been very scary for all of you. What are people thinking?

Happy 2012!

Kim K. said...

What a horrible way to start the new year. I'm so glad everything turned out as well as it did. Extra hugs!!

blessedmom's simple home said...

I'm so glad you're all okay! Home is a haven for us too, but I'm sure you were especially happy to get home this time.
Happy New Year to you and your family!
Blessings,
Marcia

Leslie's Garden said...

Oh my goodness! What in the world is wrong with some people? I am so glad you and your family are ok, though a little shaken up. No wonder your lovely home is your haven, especially today!

Doni said...

Hi Janet! First, I'm so glad you and your family are all safe...I can't imagine how scared you all were! Your husband was very wise to move to a safe place like he did just in case too...
Wow...praise God you are all fine!!!
I'm a new follower and so happy to be here! Thanks so much for joining me at my blog!
Hope you have a SAFE and awesome 2012!
Blessings, Doni

Ana said...

Oh my goodness Janet... I am so thankful that you are all okay. I'm so sorry you and your family went through that scary ordeal... Not a very good way to start a brand new year...But don't let that shake you my dear friend...Looking forward to a brand new year filled with hope. Can't wait to see all you'll be sharing with us. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
♥Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...