Monday, January 23, 2012

Pink Antique Sand

When I was in Michael's the other day, I discovered their new Ashland Collection "Modern Parisian". I absolutely loved it, but especially loved the "Pink Antique Sand"!  I knew it would look so pretty with some of my seashells! 
I have an iron bird bath in our downstairs bathroom filled with sand and seashells, but thought the pink sparkly sand would look so much better! However, I really didn't want to pay $4.99 for a little bag of sand, but fortunately I had a 50% off coupon!
 It's so pretty and sparkly! 
 I put the rest of the pink sand in a little glass jar and filled it with some more seashells! Now, I'm longing for the beach in the middle of winter!

I'm linking to What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants!

Blessings,

14 comments:

stefanie said...

ohhh!!! its perfect!

Kim K. said...

Very very pretty. Such a fun vignette with your special shells. Sounds like I need to go visit Michaels!

NanaDiana said...

That is just sweet! I love it..and I have a little bird bath just like that! I think I need some pink sand now! xo Diana

Leslie's Garden said...

I love the way the pretty shells look on the pink sand. I like the vanity jar too. So lovely!

Gina said...

Janet, I love it and you've made it look so pretty with the way you displayed it!

Julie said...

How pretty! I just love pink.

PattieJ said...

Just came across your blog when I was searching for "curtains made from drop cloths". Anyway, love your blog! The pink sand looks very pretty. I will have to get over to Micheal's... That iron bird bath is gorgeous!

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

It's so pretty with the sea shells! Great deal too!

Simple Home said...

That is so pretty!! Don't you love those coupons? I never go there without one :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Ivy and Elephants said...

Janet I just love this! What a fabulous idea to use the birdbath for the shells.
The pink sand is perfect!
I'd love to have you link it to WIW and share your great idea!
Hugs,
Patti

Red Rose Alley said...

The pink sand looks so pretty with your sea shells. You gotta love Michaels and their coupons. I go there at least every couple weeks. That mirror in your bathroom is so unique and beautiful. I hope you are having a fun weekend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Linda M. said...

Oh, I love the pink sand. Your idea of using a birdbath for the sand and shells in your bathroom is awesome. I'm going to check into that pink sand and the heart shaped shell is great. I'm ready for the beach too.
Joyous Wishes, Linda

suzyq said...

Hello Janet,
Today I received the Leibster Award for a lovely blog with less than 200 (give or take a few) followers. I then award it to 5 other blogs I enjoy so I have choosen you one of them
Enjoy,
Suzy

Ivy and Elephants said...

Thanks so much for linking to WIW. We loved having you and hope that you will join us again this week, too!
Big hugs,
Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...