Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She's Going to the Ball....

 the Dress Form Ball, that is, at The Polka Dot Closet!
Miss Viola Bernice is all dressed up and ready to step out in style! Her vintage attire is the finest of thrift store treasures! This lovely skirt is a white tulle petticoat from a wedding gown of long ago! Her pink sweater with silver sequins and beads show her impeccable taste of the finer things in life!
A little hat, gloves, some pearls and rhinestones will make Viola's charming outfit complete!
Here, Miss Viola is ready for her excursion abroad! After the ball, maybe she'll travel to Paris or Rome! Her steamer trunk is packed full with her finest vintage clothing and millinery!
When Viola is not off gallivanting, attending a ball or jaunting off to Paris, you will find her right here residing in my stairway landing! 
There's still time to attend the ball! It is open until the 14th! One could always be fashionably late! Hope to see you there!


Blessings,

18 comments:

Kim K. said...

How fun is this post!! It's just fabulous to think of all the adventures with Miss Viola Bernice!

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Miss Viola looks gorgeous all dressed up for the party in her white petticoat ~ my lady is dressed in a pink petticoat ~ so perfect for twirling around the ballroom in, don't you think :) What fun all the "ladies" will have!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh yes, I heard about Viola from the carriage drivers...All of her luggage that is! She is already turning heads with her petticoat and sparkly sweater....Goodness she is a talker, but we are so thrilled that she could attend the ball!

Carol

Ruby Jean said...

Oh Viola is so VERY pretty and Travels so Fashionably... I am coming over from the Dress Form Ball and would LOVE for you to stop in and Let Viola visit a moment with my Mrs. Pearl... :)

Susie said...

All this makes me wish I were rich and traveling during the fifties. Maybe it's the furs or the luggage. Smiles to you,Susie(She Junks)

Sandy said...

I love your story... Miss Viola looks amazing... ready for another adventure to add to her memories.
Have a safe trip...send me a postcard when you get there.

xoso Sandy

Gina said...

Miss Viola looks gorgeous! I wish I was going to the ball wearing her outfit.

Nook and Cranny said...

Love both of your gals.
So shabby chic.
Safe travels.
Michele

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Miss Viola is gorgeous, all dressed in her finery! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment on my dress form post!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful sweets! Miss Viola looks like she's ready for some fabulous looking man to come and sweep her of her, um...stand! :)

LOVELY!

xoRebecca

Aledia said...

Your ladies are beautiful!

Thank You for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful night!

Aledia~

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

What a darling post and dress form! I just love Miss Viola! (*_*)

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Viola is just so lovely in all of her beautiful attire!!

Hugs,
Debbie

By Nela said...

Beautiful!! I found your blog and I liked the content. From today I still, if you want to invite you to visit my blog and if you like it, I would like to have you as a follower on my blog to keep in touch. With warm regards.
Manoli.

Mari said...

Ohhhh miss Viola is going to be a great hit at the ball, she is simply beautiful.....

Smiles~
Mari

Cindy@OldTimePickers said...

How lovely she is! Hope she had fun at the ball!

Betsy said...

She's a real beauty and a very smart lady to be buying her fabulous clothes in the thrift shops. Love all of her luggage too.

debi huntsman said...

Cute post! Miss Viola is stunning, and quite the world traveler.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...