Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Before and After!

Well, I first must show you the "After"!
This is what it looked like "Before"!

When I found this poor little lamp at a yard sale for only $3.00, I had to rescue it! I just knew it could become something so sweet and pretty! First, it would need a fresh coat of white paint, of course! I used an off-white paint and primer all in one. Recently, I had found some brand new little lamp shades at a yard sale for only 50 cents a piece! I just needed to buy three little light bulbs, fabric and mini pom-poms to cover the shades! So, I headed over to our brand new Joann's with coupons in hand!  Here is a link to a post I did about covering lamp shades.
This sweet little lamp has now found a new home a top the media cabinet in our family room! I really like it here and it adds a glowing light to what was a dark corner of the room!
The lamp itself was a little short, so I heightened it by setting it on top of some books. The bird house and silver tray (painted with chalkboard paint) were also yard sales finds! I really do love yard sales!

I'm linking to: Knick of Time Tuesday
                  What's It Wednesday
                       Treasure Hunt Thursday
                    Show and Tell Friday


Blessings,

19 comments:

Debbie Kay said...

Wow, that is a beautiful makeover! You are ever so creative my friend.

Smiles,

Debbie

Julie Harward said...

What a great job of bringing it back to life! It gives off such a pretty glow there in the corner. (I am going private with my blog, if you want to follow me, come leave me your email( :D

Susie said...

Janet, Your lamp make-over is so sweet. I just think it's charming. I love seeing how someone can take something a bit out dated and make it shine. Smiles to you, Susie(She Junks)

Kim K. said...

I especially love the white paint, but the pom pom fringe is the perfect touch. Beautiful transformation.

Gina said...

That is so pretty! You gave it a beautiful new life!

Holly Loves Art said...

It's a gorgeous end result! Paint is a wonderful thing! You made it so lovely.

NanaDiana said...

It looks great- just great! I love it! Amazing what a bit of paint can do! xo Diana

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a cottage cute lamp! I love it. I have a lamp makeover on my blog today. Hope you have a sec to visit.

Danielle

Amy Jo said...

I love your lamp! What a wonderful way to take dark and dreary to bright and cheery... Thanks for sharing this cute post.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Megan said...

Beautiful makeover!! You gave your family room new life as well as the light fixture ~ perfect! Love the colors in the room as well as your vignette... Thanks for stopping by my blog & becoming a follower ~ have a blessed day!!

Ivy and Elephants said...

You always do the cutest lamps I've ever seen, and this one is no exception. I love where you've placed it, too. Great finds and makeovers. Thanks so much for linking.
Hugs,
Patti

Kim said...

What a sweet transformation! I love the lamp against that gorgeous painting. You have a beautiful home. I'm a new follower. Stop by for a visit and be sure to enter my giveaway.
xoxo,
Kim

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a great makeover! It turned out so well and is perfect to interest and a bit of glow. Small lamps are so hard to find, this was a great solution.

Shabby Cottage Collectibles said...

Lamps are one of my favorite find at garage sales and estate sales. You really did a wonderful job dressing up your find! Warm hugs, Esther

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is just adorable! Thanks for sharing your sweet transformation!

momto8 said...

worth a lot more now than $3.00!! lovely!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Julie said...

How cute! I can't believe it's even the same lamp. It looks infinitely better now. You are very creative!!

Ana said...

Hi Janet,
Your new little lamp is beautiful. What a wonderful transformation. I often wonder what the people from the yard sales would say if they'd saw their items now...I bet they'd kick themselves for not seeing the beautiful potential like you did :-) Great find and awesome transformation.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Ana said...

Hi Janet,
Your new little lamp is beautiful. What a wonderful transformation. I often wonder what the people from the yard sales would say if they'd saw their items now...I bet they'd kick themselves for not seeing the beautiful potential like you did :-) Great find and awesome transformation.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...