Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish Blessings

My daughter Jaime found made this shamrock or four leaf clover when she was in Ireland. She added the extra leaf and actually fooled a few Irish lads!
Finding a real four leaf clover is very rare and a symbol of good luck! The Shamrock with a fourth leaf represents God's grace. The four leaves symbolize:
Faith, Hope, Love and Luck!
In Irish tradition, the three leaf clover represents the Trinity.
Here's a photo of Blarney Castle!
A view from the top!
Cork, Ireland
My son Josh took these photos when he visited Ireland a few years ago. Just thought I'd share a wee bit of the Emerald Isle on this St. Patrick's Day! 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Blessings,

6 comments:

Julie said...

How beautiful. I've always wanted to visit Ireland.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Janet!

Leslie's Garden said...

My experience with Ireland comes from the John Wayne movie The Quiet Man. The scenery in that movie always moves me. Now I can see that the country is still gorgeous!

Gina said...

Thanks for sharing, Janet. I don't think I ever knew what the 3 leaf clover stood for, but it makes perfect sense. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

NanaDiana said...

Lovely, lovely pictures, Janet. Thanks! Happy St. Paddy's Day! xo Diana

Kim K. said...

What beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us. Such a gorgeous country.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

So funny, your daughter fooled me too. I remember as a kid looking through clover patches for the elusive 4 leaf one...Never did find it!!

Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...