Sunday, March 11, 2012

Treasure Hunting!

Last weekend, I found this sweet vintage hobnail perfume bottle at a yard sale for $5.00! I was so thrilled to find it and especially love the aqua color! 
It still has the cork stopper and is in almost perfect condition. The vintage Avon talcum powder was a yard sale find from last year and the lace runner was from a yard sale, as well!
I also found this candelabra for $5.00! 
I couldn't believe it was still sitting out at a yard sale and that someone hadn't already snatched it up!  The lady selling it told me she had bought it at the Rose Bowl Flea Market! I also found two vintage scrabble games recently, and hence the little sign "cottage"! I am always amazed at the treasures I can find while out hunting!  I admit, there is a lot of junk to wade through sometimes, but it is so worth it when I find something really special... a real treasure!

I'm linking to Knick of Time Tuesday!


Blessings,

11 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Great find Janet. It is unreal. Love your beautiful new perfume bottle, it is really pretty. Hugs, Marty

NanaDiana said...

Janet- I have never seen a hobnail piece like that- WHAT a GREAT color! LOVE it. And that candelabra is just crazy...can't believe no one had picked it up. The angels were smiling on you that day.

Hope you have a wonderful week! xo Diana

Kimberly said...

Love the candleabra ... I would have grabbed it in a heartbeat! :)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

That candelabra wouldn't have been there if I could have gotten there first!!! You found some lovely treasures!!!

Gina said...

You have found some great treasures Janet! I love the hobnail bottle. The color is so pretty.

Kim K. said...

I always enjoy your treasures but I especially love seeing how you have them displayed in your beautiful home.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I am loving aqua glass right now. Great finds!

Roselle said...

Hi Janet:
Such pretty finds. I especially love the Avon talc powder shaker. Beautiful spring colors!

Roselle

Ana said...

What beautiful treasures you found Janet...I especially like that hobnail perfune bottle...Sweet. The weather is getting warmer here and that means more yard sales around here...Yippy! I love all the goodies one can find. Enjoy your finds my sweet friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Sarah ~ Magnolia's Attic said...

Love the perfume bottle -- the color is especially pretty! It looks beautiful on your dresser with your other finds. Also love the sweet display on the cake stand!
You're giving me ideas!!

Zane Wooder said...

That's a beautiful perfume bottle and only 5 dollars. Wow what a great deal.

-zane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...