Monday, April 23, 2012

A Petal Pillow!

I've been seeing these darling flower petal pillows around blogland and have even been seeing them in stores lately! I really wanted to try making one myself and found a wonderful tutorial at Cluck, Cluck Sew! You can find it here!
I think it turned out really cute and like how it adds some dimension to a pillow grouping!
I purchased 1/2 yard felt from Joann's for the petals, which was way more than I actually needed! I sewed the felt petals onto some Osnaburg fabric I had leftover from another project, but you could use any fabric you like! This was a really fun project and was not too difficult to make! It took less than an hour from start to finish and I think I might just make another! 

I'm linking to: Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
            Show and Tell Friday!


Blessings,

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Janet- Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I am so going to make these for my granddaughters. I think my 9 year old GD that is learning to sew could even make this...Yours is gorgeous!!!! xo Diana

Kim K. said...

Now, if I owned a sewing machine (and actually knew how to sew) I'd even want to attempt this. I love your felt color choice. Gorgeous pillow.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You did a great job, Janet! The pillow is darling...love the color!!!

Ana said...

Ooooh, it turned out super cute. And I love, love, love the chartreuse green color. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Wishing you a wonderful new week my dear friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

busanalayali said...

Great post,I really like your article..
toko baju muslim

Gina said...

I love it! You did a super job.

I have a similar pillow that I bought on Etsy. I can't sew....yet.

Susie said...

Very pretty pillow. I like that you showed how it was done. Smiles, Susie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a lot of work--but so pretty!

Nicole @ Simplicity and Delight said...

This is very pretty. I love these pillows!

blessedmoms simple home said...

I've been seeing these everywhere to. You did a great job! I haven't been to the new JoAnn's yet. I go to Target all the time, but it seems like I always have the twins with me, and there isn't much that interests them there. I need to go when I can just look and wander around :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Julie said...

How cute! I love the color. So bright and cheery!

pinkhousetreasures said...

Less than an HOUR! Wow! I love how it looks, might have to try this one....looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...