Monday, April 30, 2012

Strawberry Picking and Some Pie!

Jaclyn loves strawberries and when our neighbors asked her if she would like to come over and pick some.... she was there! Jaclyn just lost her two front teeth and it's so cute to hear her talk now because she speaks with a little whistle!
After we picked some strawberries, Jaclyn and I decided to make a pie, but not just any pie .... a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!
Jaclyn helped me roll the pie dough and the little star cut-outs were added to hide a few mistakes! Here's the recipe I like to use when making this yummy pie!
Be sure to place a cookie sheet underneath the pie when baking, because it can run over! I forgot and now have to clean my oven!
This is my absolute favorite pie and I only wish I could share a piece with you!

Blessings,

8 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I could just come thru the computer that pie looks so good!

Kim K. said...

Jaclyn looks absolutely adorable with her missing teeth. After making our recent strawberry and apple pie, I'm definitely interested in your recipe too. Love the little star cutout on top of the crust.

Amy Jo said...

Jacyln is so cute! That pie looks delicious.. I wish you could share a piece with us too LOL!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Gina said...

That pie looks so yummy! I've never had strawberry rhubarb pie. When you have a helper who is that cute, why not make pie everyday? :D

NanaDiana said...

I LOVE rhubarb! I wish I was eating sugar and flour! I'd be sitting on your porch begging to get in~ Your little "picker" is so cute. Don't you just love that "losing teeth" stage? xo Diana

Julie Harward said...

Nothing is better for quality time for sure! This is one of my favorite pies too, oh, I can just feel my cheeks loving it! LOL She is so so cute. :)

Ana said...

Hi Janet,
Jaclyn is just sooo cute and that pie you two made looks yum, yum, yummy! Bet it tasted extra yummy because it was made with freshly picked strawberries.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Julie said...

That pie looks delicious. And Jaclyn is just darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...