Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pink Isn't Just A Color... It's An Attitude!

Welcome to Jaclyn's pink bedroom ... with an attitude! 
Well, the little sign near her window, says ... Pink isn't just a color ... It's an attitude!
 When I saw this little sign at Ross, I knew I had to buy it to hang in Jaclyn's bedroom! She's been known to have a little of it, at times!
Kidding aside, pink is really Jaclyn's favorite color.  
Her bedroom furniture is mostly hand me downs from her two older sisters and from yard sale finds! I bought this bedroom set about 14 years ago for my two older daughters, when we lived in another house. The store (which I don't remember the name) was going out of business, so it was marked way down. The bed has a trundle underneath, which is nice for sleepovers.
I painted the ceiling light blue to resemble sky, and then used a sea sponge to paint the clouds. (Yes, it was a lot of work and I probably would not do that again)! We added some "glow in the dark" stars just so Jaclyn can "stargaze" while falling asleep! The hanging lamp shade is from IKEA.
This little table and chair, I redid from a yard sale find. You can read the post here to know more about it. The curtains, dust ruffle, chair cushion and table are all made from the same cupcake fabric.
Here's the little vanity I just posted about recently!
I'm so glad I got some pictures of Jaclyn's room, because it may not look this neat again!


I'm linking to:


Blessings,

13 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Her room is so pretty--I love the pink is an attitude sign. I love pink too. It has been my favorite color all my life. I used to want to sell Mary Kay just because I wanted a pink cadillac!

Kim K. said...

What a very pretty bedroom. So feminine. Love all the special details. That ceiling is amazing.

Julie Harward said...

Janet, this is the sweetest girls room ever! I want the vanity for me! I can see that you have done it all with great love...she is one lucky little girl! :)

Amy Jo said...

Her room is the perfect little girl room! It makes me wish I had a little girl. Mine is now 19!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Gina said...

That is a sweet room fit for a princess!

Julie said...

Such a cute room! I would have loved this when I was a little girl!

And even though I'm a big girl now, I still love pink.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful, sweet room. She is so lucky to have such a darling room. I love it! xo Diana

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Awesome sign... and I adore the little vanity - so sweet!!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

pinkkandy said...

I LOVE the vanity!
Stopping by to say...Happy Pink Saturday!
Stop by My Sweet Prairie Home...I love to have company! God Bless You !

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So very cute!!
I would love a room like this!!

Hugs,
Deb

Abramyan Avenue said...

What a precious room!! I wish my daughter would still be into pink. It seems she grew out of it so fast!
I am loving that vanity!! I would like one like that in my room!!
BEautiful post!
Happy Pink Saturday!
-april

Magnolia Cottage said...

Hi Janet,
You have done a beautiful job on your daughter's room. It is fabulous! I love the attention to detail and loving all the Pink! Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings,
Lisa

Ana said...

What a sweet room...Pink is my favorite color too. Jaclyn's room is just what I wanted mine to look like when I was a little girl. I guess it was hard to decorate a room shared by 3 sisters, all with very different tastes...Hee, hee, hee.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...