Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Vintage Vanity



I finally finished this little vanity for Jaclyn's room! 
I had found the vanity at a yard sale several years ago for $20.00! It included the cute mirror and a little stool. It was painted a very hot pink and had an old worn out table skirt on it. The lady I purchased it from said it belonged to her when she was a girl. I couldn't understand why she wanted to sell it, since she had a little girl now. But, oh well ....
After painting it white, I added the tulle skirt. I used about 7 yards of tulle, so it would be nice and full! With a staple gun, I attached the tulle and ribbon. I just hot glued the little flowers onto the ribbon to cover the staples.
I think it turned out really cute! I still might make a little cushion for the stool!
Jaclyn said she loves it and I will share more of her bedroom next time! 

I'm linking to: Pink Saturday


Blessings,

13 comments:

racheld said...

This is SO charming and beautiful, and will make a little girl feel SO pampered and loved.

I never, ever link my blog to someone else's post but I wanted you to know how my childhood heart longed for one of these---I searched the internet for a proper picture, and could find only a black and white, and not nearly as ethereal and exquisite.

Thank you for kindling such a lovely memory.

http://lawntea.blogspot.com/2011/07/evening-in-paris.html

AshTreeCottage said...

This is pink perfection! Every little and big girl's dream!! Have a happy weekend.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Julie Harward said...

OH MY GOSH, WHY WOULD SOMEONE SELL THAT?! Lucky for you...it is so beautiful, I would love it for me! I am sure your little gal will treasure it always! ;)

Rosetta said...

Meraviglioso!Una nuvola rosa!Baci,Rosetta

Joops said...

Quite lovely! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

Pink in the Sink. Have a lovely weekend.

PS. I am your new follower.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love it-love it-love it. You did a great job and it is absolutely adorable. xo Diana

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This is just too cute!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks so cute--it is so girly with all that tulle. You did a fantastic job!

Patty said...

The vanity is so scrumptious! I love it!

Ann said...

Oh how lovely, the tulle is so elegant. Any little girl or grown up would love this. I also love the mirror. You really lucked out finding this jem.

Ann

Julie said...

That is SO cute!! I think every little girl (and some of us "Old Girls" too) dream of such a charming vanity. Your daughter must love it!

Kim K. said...

Absolutely precious. The tulle adds the perfect touch. What a gorgeous makeover. I can't wait to see more of her bedroom.

Ana said...

Oh Janet, it turned out super duper adorable. Love it...I'm sure Jaclyn loves it too.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...