Monday, June 18, 2012

A Favorite Summer Dessert!

One of my all time favorite summer desserts is Lemon Chiffon Pie! I've had this recipe since I was first married and make it every summer using fresh lemons picked from my mom's lemon tree! I just made it again yesterday for Father's Day!
This pie is so light and fluffy! It's easy to make and is a perfect dessert for summer, especially with a summer BBQ!

*********
Lemon Chiffon Pie
Mix 1 envelope unflavored gelatin with 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
In heavy sauce pan, beat 4 egg yolks, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2/3 cup water. Heat in pan and slowly stir in gelatin mixture. Stir until boiling and remove from heat. Add 1 tsp. lemon zest (grated lemon peel). Chill until partially set.
Beat egg whites until stiff and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar.
Fold cool mixture into egg whites until blended. Put in baked pie crust.
Chill.
Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and lemon zest!
Enjoy!

I'm linking to What's it Wednesday!


Blessings,

8 comments:

Ana said...

Oh my goodness Janet....delish!!! You have me drooling...Hee, Hee, Hee. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Wishing you an awesome new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

Julie Harward said...

Licking my screen, oh well, it needed it! LOL This looks SOOOO good! I love anything lemon. My mom used to make the best lemon pies too. Love this, thanks for sharing! ;)

Kim K. said...

Oh my goodness. Fresh lemons from a lemon tree! I'm seriously jealous. That recipe looks absolutely delicious. I'm saving this to come back to. My girls love lemon bars. I'm guessing they will love this too.

Kimberly said...

Looks soooo good ... thanks for sharing the recipe. I grew up surrounded by fresh lemons on lemon trees but (sadly) such things are non-existent here in WV! Lemon is my fave when it comes to pies ... thanks again! :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love anything lemon! That zesty tang is just the best part of summer.
Sounds quick and delicious!
We'd love to have you share it with us at the linky party.
Hugs,
Patti

Vintage Begonia said...

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog! The lemon pie looks scrumptous, and your blog is quite charming!
Take Care,
Jackie

sandy said...

I just found your blog here and am your newest follower. Your pie looks delicious and I MUST try it. Lemon is my favorite.
I also noticed you adopted a little girl from China. My daughter and son-in-law are waiting for a little girl from China also. They are living there at the moment. We are so excited to finally meet our newest granddaughter.
sandy

Ivy and Elephants said...

Thanks so much for linking. Guess what I had on Sunday! DELICIOUS!!!
Hugs,
Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...