Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Few Yard Sale Finds

I've been hitting a lot of yard sales lately and just wanted to share a few of my latest treasures! I found this vintage ice cream maker for $3.00! I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it yet, but I do know I won't be making ice cream with it anytime soon!
 
Right now, it's sitting next to the fireplace until I find some inspiration for it. Maybe it would be nice for a centerpiece, or decorated with some branches or American flags for the 4th of July? Anyone have any suggestions?
I also found this old vintage frame. It was in pretty bad shape and I even had to glue it together in some places! I really liked all the carving and thought it was worth the $3.00 they were asking for it.
Now repainted and distressed, it fits perfectly with the vintage plate that was yet another
yard sale find!  
I have been wanting to hang a plate inside a vintage frame! I've seen that done a lot lately, in blogland and on pinterest! But, a word to the wise...  use a teacup hook with a safety latch when hanging plates! That's a lesson I learned the hard way! One of my kids accidentally bumped a plate (when he was playing Star Wars with his light saber) and it fell down and broke!

Anyway, I've been finding some really great stuff at yard sales and have been busy working on redoing a few things. Hope everyone's summer is going well so far!


Blessings,

10 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Janet, I love what you did with your picture frame. I am also a collector of old china dishes. The post that you did just before this one, reminded me of my late mother-in-law. That was her favorite pie to make. I should surprise my husband; I'm sure it would bring back a pleasant memory of his Mom. She was not a good cook, but she could make a great lemon pie. I am your newest follower, please accent my humble invitation to come over and visit. My blog is a mixture of art, sewing, re-purposing, music and paper crafts. Life is filled with blessings and I'm out enjoying each day the good Lord give me.
Have a lovely day, Connie :)

Gina said...

Such awesome finds, Janet! The icecream maker is such an interesting piece. It's worn to perfection. I think your ideas of filling it with flowers or flags would be great, but it's even nice just sitting at your fireplace too!

That frame is pretty & I love how it looks with the platter inside!

Amy Jo said...

I love yard sale finds! It looks like you are finding some great ones. I love that frame.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Great finds, Janet :)

Susie said...

Janet, That is too cute, the frame looks as if it was made for the dish.:):) I am loving that ice cream bucket. Good finds !! Smiles to you, Susie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Both finds are amazing--that frame is especially awesome!

Connie said...

Hello Janet, I am delighted to have you visit my blog and tickled pink that you're following. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and getting to be great blogging friends. Have a wonderful weekend. Connie :)
P.S. Thanks for the sweet comments on my water bottle bag post.

Ana said...

Great finds Janet. The plate in the frame looks absolutely beautiful...love it!

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Janet,

I love that old ice cream maker,I found one in a thrift shop and planted a plant in it for my little area out front. Mine is in bad shape compared to yours so it seemed fitting to use it outside. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Love the frame too...

Debbie

Kim K. said...

Love the picture frame with the platter. You are giving me ideas. Thank you for the inspiration. I hope you have a lovely 4th! Perhaps, you'll be using your ice cream maker!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...