Friday, June 15, 2012

Good-Bye Ugly Ceiling Fan!

I've been looking for an old brass type chandelier that I could redo. I always have my eye out for one when I'm out at yard sales, but have never found one! So when I spotted this chandelier hanging in our local antique mall for only $20.00, I grabbed it right up! It already had all the work (painting) done for me and at this point anything would look better than my old ceiling fan!
It also came with the cute little crystals which I just love! But, it really needed a ceiling medallion (if you give a mouse a cookie) and so went to Home Depot to buy one. While I was there, I found this very same chandelier brand new. It was $46.88 and came in nickel or a nutmeg finish. 
Good-bye ugly ceiling fan! We won't miss you!

Blessings,

5 comments:

Kim K. said...

Great minds think alike today with "lighting" posts! Love the transformation.

NanaDiana said...

Awww...Now you have given that poor ceiling fan a complex and it will sit in Goodwill feeling bad about itself till someone comes along and "adopts" it....ain't gonna be ME, honey- xo Diana

Gina said...

Don't you just hate ceiling fans? Unfortunately, I have quite a few of them in my house, but I don't like them one.bit.

Your new light is pretty. I have the same one in my kitchen. However, I don't have sparkly crystals on mine and I now think I need to get some! :)

Revi said...

It looks lovely. In Texas, we use fans since it gets hot. As much as I don't care for the look of them, I think they can add to the comfort of a home in summer. If you don't use it, then by all means, something cuter is definitely the way to go! Nice job on making this chandy work in your white environment. :)
-Revi

PattieJ said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL!! I couldn't live without my ceiling fans though! Those things are going from April to Oct!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...